Place to buy weights in the west island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

Anyone know ? Thx! Looking for something like this

210000_NLSST_240x240_v1_m56577569830890544.jpg

x2

y a meme le model que t'a montré... mais c'est tellement un joke, achete pas ca

They're good for starters since you can ajust the weight you want, and if you have limited storage space, it's even better, but in terms of training, they are infact shit to use.

all great posts. don't buy these man.

for 500$ you can get a gym membership for a year.
you'lll get tired of only using those weights. you need to change things up a bit from time to time. also if you want to see results for your upper body you need to train the lower as well.

+1 for the gym

They're good for starters since you can ajust the weight you want, and if you have limited storage space, it's even better, but in terms of training, they are infact shit to use.

Je suis d'accord si tu à de la place limité mais je pense c'est la pire chose commencer avec des dumbells... si tu sais pas les exercices à faire, tout ce que tu vas faire, c'est de peter un muscle ou t'ecraser le pied.

Si qqun commence à s'entrainer, y doit aller sur des machines, comprendre comment sa marche pour s'entrainer chaque groupe musculaire. Parce que si tu t'entrainer seulement les biceps avec ce genre me dumbell, c'est du temps/argent perdu.

Je sais pas si Pancakes s'y connait un peu mais pour commencer, le best c'est :
- Aller dans un gym, regarder ce que les gars plus serieux font
- Apres, aller sur les machines ou le mouvement est controlé
- Et finalement passer aux dumbells, ou l'equilibre ainsi que d'autres facteurs rentre en ligne de compte.

BTW

le kit complet de dumbell (Hex) coute 650$ (à peu pret) au fitness depot

les poids varie de 5 à 50 lb

31RFF83779L._SS500_.jpg

See, to me, that is indeed too much and Ill agree with you, the gym is a much better choice. I would rather go to the gym for 2 years for that price (Im a student, its cheaper :p)

Also at the gym you have the machines and the social factor (incase you need a spot, you can make friends at the gym, etc) and at home, you have.. dumbells, a treadmill and a benchpress....

Costco actually has a fantastic sale on a set right now. Usually $550 and the set is now $100 off, so $450.00. This set also comes with a fantastic multi-position bench.

As for these weights being shit, I think that's false. I spent a year going to the gym quite frequently ( 5-6 days / week ) and I've since realised that I could do a vast majority of the excersizes with a similar set-up from home - with a bench of course. I have an elliptical trainer which accounts for cardio ( you could always go for a jog / run ).

I suppose it depends what your goals are but if you're looking to stay in shape then I think a similar set should suffice. If you're looking to build beach muscles then lifting boat-anchors in the old port is probably your best bet.

also you wont be motivated after 1 month.
at least at the gym you'll look forward to seeing some girls. Like today, this blond in a tight white shirt.... yeah. shes 11/10

plus the gym has a steam room and a eucalyptus room. I doubt your house has either.

x1239347

i'd get a gym membership instead +- 350-400$ and get some "second hand" weight in any vente de garage if you want to train at home...*tu*

Ya i know i was procastinating but i read LL cool J's Platinum workout book the other day. Its the most motivating piece of material ive ever read. I havent touched Junk Food in like 5 days ( i know i know) re-did my whole fridge. More turkey Cold cuts, FAt free yogurt, more fruits, Skinless/Boneless chicken breasts etc etc ...

also you wont be motivated after 1 month.
at least at the gym you'll look forward to seeing some girls. Like today, this blond in a tight white shirt.... yeah. shes 11/10

plus the gym has a steam room and a eucalyptus room. I doubt your house has either.

My problem with training at the gym is that I have to get up and go to the gym and then drive home when I'm finished. The transport itself often takes half as long as a good workout and that's a problem for me as free time is not as present as I'd like it to be.

As for the steam / eucalyptus room - I have a pretty sweet setup at home with a nice inground and a hot tub so that's taken care of. As far as girls go, I've got that on lock as well so I don't need the gym for them either.

Anyways, all I was really trying to say is that unless one's using most of the gym's equipment, which I've seen few people do, one could most likely obtain the same results from home with a few pieces of equipment.

Ya i know i was procastinating but i read LL cool J's Platinum workout book the other day. Its the most motivating piece of material ive ever read. I havent touched Junk Food in like 5 days ( i know i know) re-did my whole fridge. More turkey Cold cuts, FAt free yogurt, more fruits, Skinless/Boneless chicken breasts etc etc ...

way to go *tu*

food is the key!

I cant believe weight sets cost that much, i've scrapped a good 8-9 sets already.. if i only knew what they were worth..

and besides, why not get a job that you can work out there, it definatly saves relaxation time afterwards. lifting a good 15 tonnes of metal a day definatly worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back