what tires do you run

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-spec

When i lap like at St.Eustach i have no real problems, but at SOLO2 i have massive plowing when i ally the power that is evident after on my tread.... i was wondering from those of you that use street tires what kind you are using and how the hold up

Mine are the Khumos 712's i'm using a 40 wall @ 36 psi Front and 38 rear.

same shit as you do and they suck badly, although, today, i pumped em up to 44back 38 front and they did much better at St-Croix's solo2 event but I had a chance to see their limit when I spun out of control and ended on the grass, facing a wall.

try to drop your pressure like 32 psi...I think that your tires are over heating...contact Kuhmo those tire won several SOLO event in the US...

at 32psi they will slide all over the place, people from honda-tech autox forum recommended to boost the psi to 40 something and it actually helps. anyway, they are cheap bang for the buck high-perf tires and not R-compound tires so we can't ask much from them. They are great learning tires because they let you know when you start breaking loose but squealing.

Toyo Proxes T1-S 195/50/15 set at 40 psi all around. I love'em. Ultra grippy in dry and wet, quiet and give a comfortable ride. They don't squeal so much when I'm taking sharp turns in solo2 but since you're turning so much there is evidence of wear in the tire edges. I've been pondering on the idea of getting R compound tires. Maybe the Kuhmo V700's.

205 50 15 Toyo RA1

Front pressure 32 psi, and spot on!!!

Rear pressure 34 psi, and spot on!!!

That's for my Scirocco Solo 1 machine. For a 40 treadwear tire, it holds up pretty good!

Toyo RA1 205-50-15 Love them.

No problem here. I ran my Kumho's last year and I found that we alot of heat applied to them, they start sliding a bit too much.

I got R compound for the track now and Kumho's are good enough for street.

Good luck

J-F

Yokohama A032R... 205-50-15 trop top pour la street (160$ pour 5000 KM) mais parfait pour le Solo2, la dureté du sidewall est mentale... c'est plate à rimer mais ça colle et ça freine trop (ouais ça brise des cardans avec).

Ouais, je suis vendu à Yokohama, y donnent des prix de participations (set de pneus) si tu te classes 1er ds ta classe, y font un bon programme avec le CADL (www.cadl.qc.ca) pis j'vois qui a des kickeux de cones de mon club préféré ici... SALUT LES GARS!!!

-PL
DSP 199

moi j'ai pas pu mettre ma teg sur la piste encore mais j'ai eu un deal sur des hankook z2000 en 185-60-14. c pas le meilleur pneus je sais, mais y m'ont pas cout. trop chere. je vais peut etre aller dans le azenis comme prochain. ou si je boost mon budget peut etre des ra1........

y a pas kkn qui fait des pneus genre 205 50 14 ou de quoi de fou de meme???? ou genre 205 45-15?? juste comme ca

Originally posted by physician
y a pas kkn qui fait des pneus genre 205 50 14 ou de quoi de fou de meme???? ou genre 205 45-15?? juste comme ca

Il se fait pas grand chose dans le 205/50/14, mais dans le 205/55/14, il a les Ra-1, les kumho V700 et les hoosier qui se font.

You will want to set your tire presures to about 40psi HOT. That should make them as good as they are going to get. A 712 is not an autoX tire....

Originally posted by Chris@RMR
You will want to set your tire presures to about 40psi HOT. That should make them as good as they are going to get. A 712 is not an autoX tire....

A 712 may not be an autocross tire, but it should still have ample grip in the front for a 1000 kg civic DX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back