Order online, any good store to recomand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[ShInGo]

Legacy Member
I want to order a steering damper on the net, but I have no clue has where I should go. If I buy from the states, what are the import fee, is there a way to not pay those fee?

any help will be appreciate.

a tip for my friend:
Tell the guy that's shipping it to you to write on the package "WARRANTY RETURN".
This way, you won't pay custom fees.

well
doesn't really matter where it is made...

what they do depending oh how nice the seller is ;)

whatever the invoice price is, they charge you taxes on the amount in CAD so you don't really pay an import fee..it is called duty or TAXES for simpler explanation....

either get them to send the invoice seperately...or if they do send an invoice have them mark it is a gift and then they don't charge you duty on it...
they just have to declare the value for insurance purposes but not for customs...

Originally posted by rickym78

either get them to send the invoice seperately...or if they do send an invoice have them mark it is a gift and then they don't charge you duty on it...
they just have to declare the value for insurance purposes but not for customs...

I visited the Canada Customs website. They charge taxes for the amount over $20 if it is a gift.

a website I just found out:
www.mawonline.com
A lot of choices but you have to send them a money order or certified cashier checks. They dont accept credit cards from Canada.

Originally posted by gadha
I visited the Canada Customs website. They charge taxes for the amount over $20 if it is a gift.

you sure about that,

cause i have ordered many things over $20 and as gifts (i.e. jacket) and got them without paying any taxes....

maybe i got lucky??? ;)

Courier companies ( UPS, Fedex ) will charge a broker fee.
I paid $23 for a $10 US item.
Canada post charges a straight $5 plus GST.

i just ordered an alpine stars jacket form imotorcylestore.com its been 2 days and i have recieved a reciept by email and everything seems to be in order. it is being shipped USPS. i will keep you guys posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back