Break-in the engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is thes best way you can break in an engine. A couple of my friends did it like that and their bikes pulled like crazy, much more than the same bikes with the break in done the way the manufacturer want's you to.

The only problem, is that I don't know if I'm tallented enaugh to drive that bike hard enaugh in the first 20 miles. Maybe I should find someone good enaugh to do it for me.

Originally posted by [ShInGo]
The only problem, is that I don't know if I'm tallented enaugh to drive that bike hard enaugh in the first 20 miles. Maybe I should find someone good enaugh to do it for me.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Cuz I think that I'm not good enough to pull that off my first time on an R6.
Maybe u should use a dyno or get someone to do it for u.

I can break it in for you if you want. You can ride my GSX-R 750 right next to me while I break in your R6 that way you can see that I won't be beating the bike and pulling wheelies and such. I can handle my Gixxer 750 so your R6 won't be a problem for me.

hmmm... I wonder if that applies to a car engine as well? I do beleive I'll be attempting that with my next car!

I'm really not sure if I should do it, I have no proof beside one web site, and I ask some engineer working on a Formule SAE car running a R6 engine, and they did'nt trust that method.

I would trust the method. My father used to do something similar to his cars all the time, he was a mecanic. Most of my friends did this with their bikes and they were running rather strong. You need to run the engine in all it's RPM band early on.

And about those factories revving like crazy at the end of the production line to test the engines. It's true. I've visited the Bombardier assembly lines in Valcourt, and they do this with the ATV's and skidoo's, as well as with the seado's. You can visit them yourself and go and see.... 0km on the engines and they're redlining them in all gears.

You should trust this method. I've always broken in my engines like that. Doing this will make your engine run longer and stronger and yes Daso, this applies to any 4 cycle engine.

Ask any race engine builder how he breaks in an engine and you'll see. Just read the article, the guy knows what he's talking about and I've been doing this for years even though I've only known about this site for about a year. If you know anything about mechanics etc... you will understand it. Anyways, it's your bike, if you want a slow bike, break it in the way the manual says. From my experience, I've never had problems doing it the way Motoman says it should be done. I have 3 friends that race bikes and that's how they break in their race engines and I've talked to several engine builders (for car engines and bike engines) and they all do it like that to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back