Speedo needle jumps somtimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean240sx

Hey, i got a 91 240sx and randomly my speedo likes to jump quickly back and forth for a couple of seconds and then goes back to normal.

Im wondering if this is caused by a bad connection from my speed sensor on my tranny? should i cleen it with electrical cleaner?

probably signs that your speedo is failing, comon problem on 240s, some say its the sensor at the tranny, others say its gauge itself, i know of more than one 240sx where the problem was the gauge, but ive never seen anyone personally with a faulty sensor.

since the sensor is probably the easier of the two to test, maybe you could do some searching and try to figure out a sure fire way of testing it before replacing anthing. i know the FSM has ways to test if many parts are good or not, but i'm not sure if it would have somthing like the speed sensor.

hope this helps a bit.

i nhave the same god damn problem and i am pretty sure its the freekin cluster since when it happens (sometimes it doestn show me a reading at all) i tap the cluster a few times and it jumps back into working properly

the magnets are fkcucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back