what do you go to the meets for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sspikey

Legacy Member
i see everyone complaining. if most of you have noticed i dont go to the meets anymore really. worst part is now i have a way there each week since i have a car. last year would be a struggle but still went. my reason to go sometimes? i miss friends but it seems i just dont see anyone there other than the old guys from last year when having a full lot was cool. now lafleur's has become stupid. its all these new people that are crowding the place. does anyone feel this way or am i just a hermit ro soemthing :p

You should go out and see for yourself ... Give it a shot, if you are disapointed by all the **** you see, go back to your cave ;)

Originally posted by Vspec
You should go out and see for yourself ... Give it a shot, if you are disapointed by all the **** you see, go back to your cave ;)
Couldn't have said it better!

Last edited:
everyone knows ":rant:ing spikey".... wut u talkin bout :dunno: Were you there MontherCanuk ?

Lafleurs is more like a game anyways.... you gotta hunt for the nice cars...

me and yan_accord usually walk around trying to choose the most rice car there... Its almost impossible to decide!!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by 27%JETTA
everyone knows ":rant:ing spikey".... wut u talkin bout :dunno: Were you there MontherCanuk ?

Lafleurs is more like a game anyways.... you gotta hunt for the nice cars...

me and yan_accord usually walk around trying to choose the most rice car there... Its almost impossible to decide!!! :rolleyes:

we found one yesterday !!!
ill bring a trophy next time and give it to him!!! :bigup: :bigup:

meets are also not only about cars.
it's to meet new people thats have the same intrests in you.
well thats why i go .

and also for the rice compitition with lee.... :bigup:

Originally posted by Mothercanucker
Couldn't have said it better! But its not like any of us know who you are and the meets are fine without you... whoever you are!
Dude, you should be the one coming out more. Everyone knows sspikey! He seems to get himself noticed! :p But you havent been around long enough to know him, that or you don't go out to the 'good' meets. Lafleurs is NOT a MR.com meet. It's just a general gathering of people. And personally, I dont go much anymore either cause I feel the same as him. I'll go now and then to see all the mr.com people and thats it.

ah ok my bad!!! and yeah LEE I was there yesterday! I was with Mario,Mark and all them when you came and bought a lottery ticket. You even shook my hand dude!!!lol I am the guy in the RED Cap and white shirt with red shorts and white shoes if you remember!And I was the one that said I would buy your screen if I had a car!!hahaha anyways.........

its the only thing that compels me to even think of going to the meets. the fact of seeing all the older veteran from last year when having 30 cars was insane for us. at this point i have WAY more fun taking my little dog to orange julep and getting phone #s. did it last week and was way more fun chassing after girls than riced out cars so i could see how much crack the guy had on him to do those worthless mods.

on another note. LEE you like your bumper?

ah ok my bad!!! and yeah LEE I was there yesterday! I was with Mario,Mark and all them when you came and bought a lottery ticket. You even shook my hand dude!!!lol I am the guy in the RED Cap and white shirt with red shorts and white shoes if you remember!And I was the one that said I would buy your screen if I had a car!!hahaha anyways.........

...then I find him in the lying there in the backseat of my car doing something... I'm never shaking his hand again:laugh:

Originally posted by Twitch
...then I find him in the lying there in the backseat of my car doing something... I'm never shaking his hand again:laugh:

That was priceless, we all look into Twitch's car, and there is Mothercanucker lying by him self on the foor of the car :dunno:

I was tired oK!!! I wasn't doing anything wrong! my back is messed from soccer

"soccer" ey, that's how people call it now-a-days! :p

anyhow, i go to the Lafleurs to see some nice cars(20% of the cars that show up) and talk to people about anything(not only cars), it's fun for me and people i've gotten to know better are cool and nice to talk to!.....so for me basically, it's hanging out with friends...

Originally posted by sspikey
i see everyone complaining. if most of you have noticed i dont go to the meets anymore really. worst part is now i have a way there each week since i have a car. last year would be a struggle but still went. my reason to go sometimes? i miss friends but it seems i just dont see anyone there other than the old guys from last year when having a full lot was cool. now lafleur's has become stupid. its all these new people that are crowding the place. does anyone feel this way or am i just a hermit ro soemthing :p

i'm not sure if understand what u;re saying correctly.....

u find Lafleurs is stupid because people that you don't know are there on thursdays? and they are "crowding the place?

i havent been back to lafleurs yet this year, but from the pics, I can tell that its not the same as last year at all. kinda turning into julep, but you know what? thats what happens no matter what. it was the same with marche centrale. near the end, there were more and more rice cars coming. word spreads, and people jump on the bandwagon.

i go not really to check out the cars. its basically to meet other MR users and hang around and talk the night away. i like it.

I havent gone yet this year either....actually I havent gone since the muscle car days in the mid to late 90's died off because of import over-population, now the imports are getting driven out by an even bigger plague, Ricers.

We had to meet elsewhere with our V8's, so maybe in the near future, you guys will have to meet elsewhere, and then years from now, on www.montrealricer.com, we'll see a post about why people dont go to meets because of a new plague.... whatever that ends up being.

Who says history doesnt repeat itself? lol

i go to meet to see the people, then the cars

and i often use it as a meet point to go somewhere else afterwards

i don't care personnaly if there stupid people, or rice guys... i don't go there for them i go up there to meet some good friend, get some news from them, talk and have fun... for all the rest i just ignore it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back