Birthday gift for a new girlfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyko514

Alright, so my girlfriend's birthday is this Saturday. I just started seeing her less than three weeks ago. I have no clue what to get her.

A little bit of background: She's turning 23. She lives on her own. I've known her for almost 15 years but before last month, I hadn't seen her in over 10 years.

I know MR probably isn't the best place to ask, but maybe there's a diamond in the rough somewhere. Money is no object, but I'm not going to be crazy and spend $1000 on a gift either.

And don't suggest that I get her nothing or that I take her out for dinner.

For 3 weeks I wouldn't spend too much because she might feel weird and you'll have to give more next time.

If I were in your position I'd buy her a DVD of a movie that you know she likes, flowers that I would bring myself and I would cook her dinner with a bottle of wine(or whatever she likes to drink.)

Budget: DVD 20$, wine* 25$, flowers 20$(12 roses at this time of the season), food your gonna cook 25$ max...so under 100$ and you'll get some sexytime for sure. That's really the MAX I would spend on something so new...I propably wouldn't even spend that much. lol

*even that might be a little overkill because she'll probably won't see a difference from the right 15$ bottle)

For 3 weeks I wouldn't spend too much because she might feel weird and you'll have to give more next time.

If I were in your position I'd buy her a DVD of a movie that you know she likes, flowers that I would bring myself and I would cook her dinner with a bottle of wine(or whatever she likes to drink.)

Budget: DVD 20$, wine* 25$, flowers 20$(12 roses at this time of the season), food your gonna cook 25$ max...so under 100$ and you'll get some sexytime for sure. That's really the MAX I would spend on something so new...I propably wouldn't even spend that much. lol

*even that might be a little overkill because she'll probably won't see a difference from the right 15$ bottle)

I was going to say take her out to a nice restaurant or something, but she might like the home cooking better :bigup:

IMO and in my experience...

just do something really really simple... or if you know a whole bunch of her friends, hold a surprise BBQ or something...

You don't HAVE to be romantic, it's very cliché. I don't suggest the DVD as it's soooo impersonal, I'd bring her to a comedy show, or whatever type show she likes (if she even likes)... or bring her out somewhere she would like.

Have you ever tried "Le bateau mouche" ? Very nice place to bring a chick... but cooking her a nice meal will please her as well (depends on how she is obviously)

cook for her.... chicks dig that shit like theres no tomorrow.

I swear you can do no wrong, your cooking could taste like ass, she'll still be so happy about it. Its more about the effort then the actual event, shows you care.

G'luck.

She knows her wine. I, on the other hand, know sweet-f*ck-all about wine.

The problem with dinner (either home cooked or taking her out) is that she's not available for dinner. She's going to the Justin Timberlake concert with her sisters. I'm seeing her before and after, but dinner won't work. I'd promise her dinner on another day, but I enjoy giving an actual gift on a birthday.

Also, flowers and dinner is the type of thing I do for my girlfriend without any special reason, so I don't really see it as a gift.

Oh, and sexy time is a given. Nothing fancy needed. :D

try this...download a 80's stand up of eddie murphy... she's gonna laugh so much .. that when JT sings.. she won't pay attention cuz she'll still be laughing from watching eddie murphy's show ;)

of course download it... burn it into a dvd .. she'll love it .. I guarantee !!

Stand up : RAW, Delirious.
Funny eddie murphy... you're gonna have a blast!

maybe perfume which she likes? But if you don't know what perfume it should be don't buy any. Maybe book? or photo album or a frame with a photo of you both. or some nice pendant with chain... and flowers are compulsory;)

You just said it. "She knows her wine". Get her a nice bottle of wine. Try to find out which kind of wine (red, white, French,... and so on) she likes and then get something a touch $$. If you want buy some lingerie as well.

Bring her to dinner then have a nice night at her place afterwards.

lucky you! You missed my bday by like a week when we started dating ;) It's okay, you made up for it with all the gifts in the next years..hehe

i got an idea... how bout a little stuffed teddy bear holding a certificate to a spa for a massage???

She's born on the 18th? Nice, so am I.
So she probably likes the same stuff I like, I suggest you buy her car parts.
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back