Skyline Info for buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanSkyline

Hey guys, i've been recently looking into skyline gtr's for the past month. Been looking at different import shops and garages scattered around St-Leo and i've found quite a few deals. But is there anything I shoould look into and pay attention to when buying such car? ( Mechanic wise )

And maybe some places where I can buy a car from with a good reputation?

By the way, my budget is around 16000. Also one more thing, would parts cost me an arm and a leg if I ever need something replaced? And if buying a skyline, how many KMS should be looking for.

you know what.. i wouldn't buy teh more expensive ones. i would one in decent shape and have the re-building done.. like take the block out.. etc.. but make sure you have a good frame.. cause even though teh expensive ones are in better shape them to will need to be redone if you want a good daily driver to beat teh **** out of..

16 k is enough to get a good shape clean gtr with a couple goodies but keep in mind that u will need about 2k even if the car is perfect shape. Tunning the Ecu for 94 octane , almost always new tires and a complete checkup and normal maintenance ( spark plugs , all oils, ....). Other then that i have to say that i didnt get any bad surprise and i paid the 16k, but a GTR is high maintenance and keep in mind that if u intend to take it higher , altough the block can take a lot more u will need to replace many thing. But i dont regret my purchase at all, i love it and im gonna spend all winter to make it perfect.

Hey guys, i've been recently looking into skyline gtr's for the past month. Been looking at different import shops and garages scattered around St-Leo and i've found quite a few deals. But is there anything I shoould look into and pay attention to when buying such car? ( Mechanic wise )

And maybe some places where I can buy a car from with a good reputation?

a good GTR can be bought now in MTL for 13K-16K depending what your looking for. Things you should check...do not base your buy on Millage that is the # mistake noobs make! look at wear on steering wheel, shift boot and seats, then look at millage. Look @ oil pressure when car is on and warm...make sure it's 2 Bar or close to 2 Bar. Check for leaking injectors...many GTR's leak there.
Ask importer to do compression check ... anything above 130psi with no more then 15psi difference betwee cyl. is acceptable according to Nissan and my experiance. Look for timing belt maintenance stickers to at least know if cam belt was changed in Japan.

If you want to see some GTR's or want more advice you can contact me @ 514-369-6666 or 514-561-6666 i'll be glad to help you out *tu*

a good GTR can be bought now in MTL for 13K-16K depending what your looking for. Things you should check...do not base your buy on Millage that is the # mistake noobs make! look at wear on steering wheel, shift boot and seats, then look at millage. Look @ oil pressure when car is on and warm...make sure it's 2 Bar or close to 2 Bar. Check for leaking injectors...many GTR's leak there.
Ask importer to do compression check ... anything above 130psi with no more then 15psi difference betwee cyl. is acceptable according to Nissan and my experiance. Look for timing belt maintenance stickers to at least know if cam belt was changed in Japan.

If you want to see some GTR's or want more advice you can contact me @ 514-369-6666 or 514-561-6666 i'll be glad to help you out *tu*

now you see boyz and girls this is someone who knows his shit :bigup:

and for the record personally i look for the most stock ones possible, if its stock theres a greater chance it hasnt been beaten. You'd probably also want to take a look under the car for leaking fluids from the diff \ motor... inspect the frame to make sure its nice and straight, make sure the car is making boost and holding till redline, do a 4th gear 30 km pull to test the clutch, make sure the car idles nice and flat, bring a nissan consult cable and plug it in, check the timing\afr readings\tps sensor\error codes... also something important is to check the color of the coolant, make sure its nice and green! any milkyness could mean a weak headgasket... i would even go as far to take an oil sample and send it out to these guys :

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

they do an in depth analysis of your oil and can tell you about wear on various engine parts (pistons, rings, bearing, head gasket)... it only cost 20$ and you get peace of mind knowing your engine is healthy... dont rush into buying a jdm car, there are soo many and its alot smarter to spend a bit more and get a clean one instead of cheaping out and having to potentially change a motor or do other major work...

goodluck,
Chip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back