C300 reliability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandro_Bit

my dad is lookin at getting the 2008 Mercedes C300 but he wants to know how reliable they are mechanically speaking. also how much does it cost to upkeep a mercedes? the guy at the dealer told us that they only needed servicing (oil change, regular wear & tear inspection) every 20 000km. is this good on the engine?

he's looking to buy the car and wants to know a basic dollar figure as to how much it would cost in the long run to maintain. i'm guessing it could add up with all the electronics and whatnot but i'm not sure.

thanks

My mom is looking for one also... we cant really talk about reliability now... but i guess we can go by reputation of the name ! i know the car have really good reviews from now, you can check out 5th gear review and they say its pretty neat

Still to new to say anything about it.

However i would expect some electronic failure, while engine wise, i have faith in them.

yeah, what about the old C's? how do they fare?

From what i understand, they had solid engine, a few problems with sensors here and there, but thats it related to the engine.

Everything else was mostly electric issue, auto-dim that doesn't work, ac that can't be turn on, dash light that died (or short circuited?), power buttons doesn't work properly.

Shitty suspensions.

From what i understand, they had solid engine, a few problems with sensors here and there, but thats it related to the engine.

Everything else was mostly electric issue, auto-dim that doesn't work, ac that can't be turn on, dash light that died (or short circuited?), power buttons doesn't work properly.

Shitty suspensions.

Electronic problems can cause quite the headache.
That's what Golfs were known for, and most people actually ditched the first generation.
I'd wait for the second batch, when they'll have time to iron out the bigger problems and release a second batch with more goodies:)

Like any vehicle you will end up having some problem ,reliability of Benz has been brought up a notch i the last couple of years and also they have probably the best waranty out ther if you ask me ... But again ,,sure i believe in them i work on them everyday!!! As far as the service goes we always serviced our vehicle at 15 to 20k km its normal bussiness for us and the only problem i have seen with engine where people not pushing enough !

i like the exterior of the car but the interior is cheep, more like a chrysler, im curiouse to see if it will be a hit or not, so far my dealership has sold like 15 of them and none have come in for repair or anything, il post the first problem i can find with it

If it's under warranty who cares.. unfortunatly Mercs have become some what disposable cars. After the warranty is over just get another model. Electrical problems are very very common and a pain in the ass to find. As for the actual mechanic part... well they are almost tanks and do last.

For the 20k oil changes be warned... This was primarly made as a marketing gimmick for people who lease. Assuming that most people travel 20k per year they would only have to get 1 oil change per year. The oil filter last's about 10k max while the motor oil can last 20k but usually starts to sludge up from short distance drives.

My brother in law has one and the air fan died on him. hence no heat during the cold season at - 30. He brought it back to MB and they had to change the unit out. It failed due to bad design just like the ML's. U can google "heater problem on C300" and u'll see it's a problem with this model. For now there are no known fixes for this issue. They just change the fan motor for a new one but if it gets cold again the new motor will fail again. The prob is water gets in and when it gets cold, it freezes the fan motor.

im looking at the new c230 im happy with 200 hp :) im going to check it out tomorow and im wondering the same thing

any sales reps on the board? im still waiting till may to lease it but im starting to get my info now.... how do promotions work at mb? does it change each month?

it's either the c300, a g35 sedan, or an is250

c300 hands down, nicest sedan of 2008

c350 4matic full load are priced just under 50k, pretty damn good if u ask me
i just wish we can get a blutech version for the c-class, hopefully soon

my sister has the c350 4matic and its an all around impressive car. sporty feel, yet super smooth and incredible in the winter. also the screen and audio setup is super cool....go with the benz!!!!

If you want to order the new C class, you'd better do it fast because their selling like cakes. If you order one today, you'll have to wait until june or july to get it, just in time for summer!!! I should get my c230 4matic around the middle of march. I'll keep you posted for some more infos...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back