manual C-class

Status
Not open for further replies.

@azim

i was surfing over lespac just for fun and to check out the 94-00 Mercedes C-class sedans. What I've realized is that I haven't even found one in manual.
Second thing is say if i cannot find one, and I decide to switch from auto to manual, what will the approx cost be ?

Quite expansive, mainly you need to import a tranny, 2nd is to make sure the garage ull get it done... know what they are doing, and third, for the price ull pay for a C class and get it swapped, might as well consider an BMW :p, And im dead serious.

If your a brand whore, like me, I would personally save up for the new C300, they come in manuel, Or in a more down to earth budget, I would import myself a little 190E Manuel.

I love manuel, yet i love benz. This is why I recently purchased a little manuel car as a toy car, and my Benz as my daily car. I love my benz too much to let it go, and i hate Automatic too much to drive auto for everyday. Hence why i bought myself a little toy.

To finalize, if you look for a manuel car, Benz is the wrong way to go off the starting.

A 190e 2.3-16 transmission might be the way to go!!

i'm prety sure they are bolt on to the L6 engine (not sure which flywheel you should need tho) but i dont know about the newer supercharged engine that was available on the later models.

Or just get a 2.3-16 ;)

I saw some 190e's in manual too.. but only 1% of them if you're lucky

i was surfing over lespac just for fun and to check out the 94-00 Mercedes C-class sedans. What I've realized is that I haven't even found one in manual.
Second thing is say if i cannot find one, and I decide to switch from auto to manual, what will the approx cost be ?
you can import a 92 from europe, but you'll have to wait unto 2009 for a 94!

there is a manual tranny for the W202 1994-2000 C class, but I would forget the project to swap. First it's not a very good manual tranny like the one in the new SLK, second it would be really painful because of the enectronics.

You could probably also fit a tranny from an SLK, since it was the exact same engine, but I'd seriously not consider it since there are really not many knowledgeable people in quebec for such complex swaps.

mercedes is dumb as nails for not offering more manuals in most of their lineup.

not everyone is old and jewish or black. some people like shifting for real!

mercedes is dumb as nails for not offering more manuals in most of their lineup.

not everyone is old and jewish or black. some people like shifting for real!

I realy hope this post was a joke because i dont see how religion or color makes a sh*t of a difference...But im sure Lewis Hamilton can't drive a stick.

MB offers Luxury cars that are fast and capable spots cars..but they still remain firm that they want the cars to be able to be fast etc but with the greatest of ease and as little effort from the driver..

Their sales are not suffering for it. If you want to be more involved get a BMW.

I've done a manual swap on my 190e

Let me tell you, parts cost 800$ but.. all little extras this and that another 400$... plus i did it myself so dont count any labour... plus it took almost 2-3 weeks till i get everything running properly

Good luck... This is what i started out with (i got the parts in bulk as a kit)
5spd-trans.jpg

Its all doable if you have the $$$ and time :)
Do your math well before you get into something like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back