Can an RX7 take the heat????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mx3jmcb

Legacy Member
I was wondering the other day that as a project car.....a track car, solo....

Can an RX7 ( late 80's model) take the punishment of solo II......is it a good car.....empty it out, put a roll cage in.....what do you think....rainman maybe you could help me on this....the rx7 has a history of not being reliable to many...is it a good platform for this....atmospheric or turbo?.....i just love rotaries and the newest RX7 were for a while hard to beat in certain series in North America....they are for many a perfect or near perfect combination of handling and power....what do you think....???

I went to talk to a guy from montreal ( at the trois Riviere Grand Prix this year) with an awesome black R2 with volksracing TE37's...we talked for a while and he told me in certain series the RX7's dominated so much that they had to make them single-turbo because the competition was simply not there....is that true?

well take a look at the G-games who was the best? the RX7 and the RX7 that won also won the some solo2 events and prosolo also.

hey it's me

hey i am the guy with the rx7 from tr...

it is a R1 by the way, not an R2.

e-mail me at pumalex@hotmail.com, i can surely help you.

i don't remember you... when did we talk?

puma

RX7 -TR

If your the guy with the RX7 i saw at trois riviere....its written R2 on your car......if its not an R2....

.....your car was at the Frank et Michel Show & Shine this summer.....

I talked to you at the Dairy Queen in T-R where all the car guys meet in the summer....didn't talk to you for that long thats why you might not remeber me.....you also told me you had a busted turbo when you bought the car...you also had H&R springs with an APEXi exhaust...hehehe

I was wondering about the earlier models....RX7, reliablility but even your model while were at it....I just love the RX7 and when i sell my mx3, that's what i hope to buy....
Tell me everything about what you think about the car...the positive and negative things.....

By the way if its the same X7 that i'm talking about....AWESOME car....its really too nice!

re

it is not r2 that is written, it is RZ.

i don't have a blown turbo, but i had problem with it, finally, it was only a vaccum pipe.

Frank and Michel? Where is that, i don't remember going there. Is it the one at Quebec?

anyway, you can see my car here: members.sounddomain.com/pumalex

and i am from Trois-rivières, not montreal. The car was from montreal but not me.

anyway, e-mail me, it will be easier. I don't know a lot about other generation but go to rx7forum.com, the guys there know what they are talking about. I know a lot about 3rd gen but not much about the 2nd.

puma

oups

by the way, RZ was a special version in Japan, I am not the one who putted the sticker there, the owner before me did it, it is like putting a type R sticker on a civic ;) except that this is an RX-7...

I will probably remove it this winter so that it won't look stupid with my blue interior (winter project).

puma

Yep thats the car.....and you fooled me with the RZ...hehe...its not rice like you said its an RX7 :) ....i just love your car.....

and the frank & mitch was the one at the honda dealer in quebec...it was kind of a rip off cause pretty much all the winners had honda`s...and well, there were a lot of nice cars that weren`t honda...too bad!

anyhow....your in my msn list...and i`ll check out the rx7 website...

Next summer....you should come in quebec...we organize meets each friday night....its really fun, we have a lot of people, like 500-1000 people each friday, can`t wait for the opening meet, its gonna be crazy....anyhow, your welcome...

see ya

Aren't you the guy I told not to beat me at the show in Sanair? I'll admit that your car is nice, but I still wanted that trophy!
MX3: Check out Sport Compact Car magazine, they do alot on 7's. Recently, they profiled a race series for the first gen cars. Their biggest mods were a large radiator, free flowing exhaust and suspension. 1989-1991had 160hp (versus 136). If you could find a GTU like mine, you get big brakes, 15" wheels and NO power equipment (much lighter). Cusco and Greddy make suspension braces, and Tokico make an advanced handling spring/shock setup. Swaybars are available from Suspension Specialties.

re

hey i remember you... sorry but i won the trophy :)

It is the only one i have won of the season though.

there was 5 FD at all during that day, it was the first time i saw so many FD at the same place. what a great day it was.

well hope to see you next year at the same place

Re: re

Next time I'll win (or just take the trophy from you). They should have some breakdown in the catagories. `Mazda' was too general-how could turbo323 win against real cars like ours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back