Shipping, customs and brokerage

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatnutz514

Say I'd want to get some JDM wheels. Is there any point in going through a retailer in Montreal or shoud I just order on the net from a company in the States? Shipping, customs and all that crap is a hassle. If I buy through a local retailer, they make a profit, but do I get any savings overall?

In short, is it cheaper to buy from, say, Discount Wheels in the States for example and ship them into Canada or have a local retailer ORDER them from a US distributor?

i say just get it in stores. for certain small things like steering wheels and shifters thats good to ship but after taxes,shipping it cost around the same. also you gotta wait for them and they sometimes will come dented never know.

JDM wheels

please specify JDM wheels??...if you really want wheels from Japan discount tire is not the place to go...

instead of trowing you money out the window, why don't you just chose a good set of rims that are alvailable somewhere close by?

why do you want "JDM" wheel anyway? so you roll around claimingthe wickedness of your rim because the come from accross the pacific?

Generally you wil have to calculate the exchange rate (x 1.6), plus the shipping (in US) then the duties if the product is not made in the US (it's JDM, right?) then the customes fee's and brokerage and then the GST.
Companies like us (RMR), TRAC and others tat do alot of shipping have networks (we do anyway) so that the costs are minimized and the product gets here faster and cheaper.
Sometimes it is cheaper to buy it direct (like if we get the same discount as you) most times it's not though.

It all depends, on some things you save, on other's it's the same price, and for some it's even more expensive.I've only done 2 as of now and I've saved quite a bit too over the prices given to me here. But make sure you check it out first!! Don't buy from just any joe shmo either. Buy from reputable places.

I was using JDM wheels and Discount Wheels as an example. It's just something I was always wondering about, especially for group buys on the internet.

Has RMR or Trac consider group buys? That'd be good.

group buys

We only consider doing group buys if the entire purchase is payed in full up front. We have had bad experiences with people coming in, getting prices for 10 sets of wheels and then ordering one. Worse yet, we order 10 sets and only two people end up taking them. So, if you can get several people together and get them to pay it in full up front, we will work something out for you.

MAtt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back