turbo garret HYbrid t3/t4

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehard_skyline

salut jvien de macheter un new turbo garret hybrid pis y a du fition a faire jaimerais savoir si quelqun la deja faite , mon char c un skyline gts-t_ rb20det

ci quelquun a un down pipe de 240sx faite moi le savoir jen ai de besoion ou sinon faut je me soude une nouvelle flange

merci

i have installed a t3\t4 hybrid on a rb20 before... its pretty easy, get braided lines for you oil \ water passaged, depending on how you clock the turbo youll prob need to redo your cold pipe going to the turbo... what type of turbine housing do you have ? vband? 5 bolt? nissan 7 bolt? im assuming its internally actuated... youll most probably have to weld up a custom downpipe because sr20 turbine housing is t25 and yours is t3, meaning that your turbine housing wont be the same bolt pattern...

the turbine housing is a 4bolts
it drop my hose at a shop today to get it brainded so for de water do you think I must put of the banjo bolt and just put a regular fiting with a rubber hose or I most keep my banjo pipe and pay some $$$ to fit it on my new turbo because it not the same size of bolt that a problem to find benjo bolt and and fiting ,, I think that's will be easier if a just put a hi temp rubber hose

SO mine is a garrett hybrid t3/t4
so if you installed the same thing on a rb20 before , it is really better thant the stock turbo at the same boost

well for starters your stock turbo has a ceramic turbine wheel meaning that it cant take the heat generated from high boost at WOT for extended periods of time... Your garret turbo will have a steel wheel however depending on which turbo you have your center section may not be ballbearing, most probably journal bearing meaning that it will be less efficient. Keep in mind that most oem turbo equipped vehicles do come with journal bearing turbos so its nothing to worry about. If your exhaust housing is 4 bolt youll need to find a nice 4 bolt flange and weld up a custom down pipe. Getting braided lines fitted to your turbo is alot easier than working with those horrible hardlines so id highly recommend it. Its easy to do, just take the fittings from your block out and bring them in with your turbo to any high pressure industrial fittings supplier, tell them you need some braided lines made, it should be easy enough!

Goodluck,
Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back