WTB: 4 Chanel Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sazaks

Looking to buy a good (MTX, JBL, etc.) 4 chanel amp for my Prelude. E-mail me at sazaks@hotmail.com if you have one for sale.

A la recherche d'un ampli 4 voie de bonne qualité (MTX, JBL, ect.) pour ma Prelude. Envoyé moi un e-mail a l'adresse suivante si vous n'en avez un a vendre. Sazaks@hotmail.com

Thanks/Merci

Marc

no offence.. but good and mtx dont go together in the same sentence... well atleast as far as speakers are concerned... i have a 2 channel power acoustik.. i love it

The only thing MTX isn't good with is Coaxials and Component Speakers. They have a good line of subs (6xxx and 8xxx series, as well as there competion line). They have powerful amps too, just a tad expensive for their effeciency. But all in all they do put out some quality products.

Originally posted by Sazaks
Looking to buy a good (MTX, JBL, etc.) 4 chanel amp for my Prelude. E-mail me at sazaks@hotmail.com if you have one for sale.

A la recherche d'un ampli 4 voie de bonne qualité (MTX, JBL, ect.) pour ma Prelude. Envoyé moi un e-mail a l'adresse suivante si vous n'en avez un a vendre. Sazaks@hotmail.com

Thanks/Merci

Marc
hi I got lanzar 160Q 4x40w or 2x160W 20 to 20khz xover intergrated adjustable hp/lp payed 1100$ asking 225$ got a few scratches on top but in excellent condition:bigup:
maybe you never heard aboout lanzar this is an old model but is the best serie they made it can be heard in my car or yours;)

You paid $1100 for Lanzar???

Lanzer is owned by PYRAMID and is exactly the sme amps with a different cover!

I used to sell LANZAR,PYRAMID, LEGACY, etc...

Originally posted by SentraBoy
You paid $1100 for Lanzar???

Lanzer is owned by PYRAMID and is exactly the sme amps with a different cover!

I used to sell LANZAR,PYRAMID, LEGACY, etc...

NOOO WAAY!!
maybe now, which i wouldnt recommend lanzar but NOT 5 years ago this amp is tested 20 to 20khz 4x40w and i dont think pyrascrap would do the same:p
damping of 500 at 20hz
regulated power supply 9 to 16volts
2 to 16 ohms stable
:bigup:

Originally posted by pepine

NOOO WAAY!!
maybe now, which i wouldnt recommend lanzar but NOT 5 years ago this amp is tested 20 to 20khz 4x40w and i dont think pyrascrap would do the same:p
damping of 500 at 20hz
regulated power supply 9 to 16volts
2 to 16 ohms stable
:bigup:
haha well you've got a couple mis-conceptions... Even 5 yrs ago, $1100 is way too much for a 4x40W amp. And secondly, amps do not become unstable at higher ohms. There may not be as much power flowing from the amp, however you can run an amp with a 20 ohm speaker and have no problems. It should even play better, due to less distortion. This is the kind of amp I'd use to have fun with....

Wire a couple batteries in series, hmmm 2 or 3 giving at least 24V, and wire the amp up to that to see what kind of power output I can acheive. That is assuming that power will increase with a higher voltage (all depends on the amp). Tests like this are fun! This will also see if there are any safety mechanisms are implemented into the amp.

To me thats all I'd use that amp for. My suggestion for whoever needed the amp... don't buy something unless you research it first. If the deal sounds 'too good to be true... it usually is'. If your looking for an amp, don't buy the cheapest, and don't buy the most expensive. Both have severe downfalls, the cheap one is really cheap (quality), and the expensive one, is most likly just good (not great) but is expensive because of it's name! (some infinity products are overpriced compared to performance, jl audio W7, MTX amps).

But optimally it's your decision on what you buy, research stuff for yourself, keep in mind a good amp could run you up to $1.00/Watt. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back