leaving vw going to mb diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ev32amd

hello all,

i have been driving vw for the past 10 years and now i want to try the MB diesel and i have a preference for the w124 chassis.

does anyone know of any known problems with this chassis?

does anyone have a CLEAN one for sale?

ev32amd@yahoo.ca send a lot of pictures please.

evan

LOL LIES,

W124 are my speciality, and i have hookups for parts for that chassy, however a Diesel one, its quite rare. Reliable? Its fkn reliable. But if there was a minimum care from the previous owner ofcourse.

My current W124 has 320 000km and I still push it on the highway to .... well yeh. :)
Looking for a 300D will be hard, And personally i haven't seen any for sale for soo long, you might be luckier looking for a 300SD instead (the even older models). Or you will need to look in the US

My dad used to drive a 300SD back in the eighties...he loves the car, loved the mileage, but on the coldest of winter days, it just wouldn't start, it was something you just had to get used to, he'd just take my mother's volvo to work instead.

Yeh on the 300SD it was a "common" issue in the cold weather, however nowdays you can buy does crappy "engine warmer" stuff from CA and it will work fine. :)

LOL LIES,

W124 are my speciality, and i have hookups for parts for that chassy, however a Diesel one, its quite rare. Reliable? Its fkn reliable. But if there was a minimum care from the previous owner ofcourse.

My current W124 has 320 000km and I still push it on the highway to .... well yeh. :)
Looking for a 300D will be hard, And personally i haven't seen any for sale for soo long, you might be luckier looking for a 300SD instead (the even older models). Or you will need to look in the US

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-under-5K-300-d-mercedez-W0QQAdIdZ26797353

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-under-5K-mercedes-1984-W0QQAdIdZ26828392

Cuz I love to :p

On another note, I've been told that after 250K km it can be tricky. If the owner has neglected it, it's gonna cost you. Apparently diesel parts are way more expensive. Reliable, if taken care of (that's what I've been told). My mech had one, after it, he said he's sticking to 300Es. :dunno: Although for comfort.. I can tell you, W124 are great!

Yeh on the 300SD it was a "common" issue in the cold weather, however nowdays you can buy does crappy "engine warmer" stuff from CA and it will work fine. :)

my dad had one who started even at -30.... but my grand father's one had problems from -15, -20.... go figure :dunno:

i personaly think that in higher mileage vehicles, the gas models become easyer/cheaper to maintain... i saw quite a few 190e's with 450k+ and a w202 too with a 2.8 L6 engine

BENZ diesel was my first car, i loved it, fuel economy was great, power was great
5 cyl engine baby...

about those cold starts, its all about your ignition timing and good glow plugs + good batt, if you have all that... i've managed to start it at -30 with no block heating

Does anyone know who installs veggie oil kits, I remember hearing about some one in Laval or something like that.

Does anyone know who installs veggie oil kits, I remember hearing about some one in Laval or something like that.

Orient urself towards BIODIESEL :)

veggie oil is expensive for 1, 2 it has to be preheated so it doesnt freeze plus has to be heated to a temperature so it flows faster... its not for our climate

Some sonic gas stations already sell biodiesel

veggie oil is expensive for 1, 2 it has to be preheated so it doesnt freeze plus has to be heated to a temperature so it flows faster... its not for our climate

I am aware of all that, and I still want it. And I have a source to obtain cheap veggie oil.

I had a 300TD 87....the best car I had in my life.

Iam presently looking to get a 300sd
and my dream would be a 560sel :yikes:

you're still selling yours or are keeping it?:dunno:

for 5000$ i would let it go, maybe this spring i could let it for a little bit less...
i like this car, but a pick up truck would be better for me...
maybe i could try selling it by placing an ad

it's a w124, 1991 300D, 2.5 turbo diesel, charcoal gray, with clear lights front and rear, almost no rust
leather seats, like new and heated, power everthing except driver's mirror (!?!)
some minors things to repair, but the car drives better than my brand new smart car....
the bad thing, 475 000km, but you can reach 1 milion kms !
i don't want to see poor people, you don't have the money, don't try dealing the price with me, if i don't sell it, i will park it in my driveway and use it on next winter...

i put veggie oil directly in the tank, you won't see any difference will driving it, no modification, you don't loose space in trunk...

you just check the temperature i didn't try it will under 0, but at 5 deg i did it without any problem !

you just buy 5 microns filter, change the fuel filter in the car, keep one in spare in the car, it's pretty easy to change anyway, and that's it, you drive for 25-30% less !!!

anyway by the place of the filter, it is heated by the engine, it won't block

for 5000$ i would let it go, maybe this spring i could let it for a little bit less...
i like this car, but a pick up truck would be better for me...
maybe i could try selling it by placing an ad

it's a w124, 1991 300D, 2.5 turbo diesel, charcoal gray, with clear lights front and rear, almost no rust
leather seats, like new and heated, power everthing except driver's mirror (!?!)
some minors things to repair, but the car drives better than my brand new smart car....
the bad thing, 475 000km, but you can reach 1 milion kms !
i don't want to see poor people, you don't have the money, don't try dealing the price with me, if i don't sell it, i will park it in my driveway and use it on next winter...

Yeah, the manual driver mirror is standard on ever 190E and 300E.. guess they wanted to minimize the electric things that could fail in time.
Nice car, I think I've seen pics of it.. 5K is too expensive for me. I don't know what their usual prices are though.. Diesel cars always go for so much.. it's crazy. I was trying to pick one up at one point but I still need to figure out what to do with my curent car. Maybe if I find one around 2K, I still have to check the prices of parts for it.. Been told they're more expensive than the gasoline counterparts. Is it true?
Anyway, good luck if you try to sell it :bigup:

you could find one for 2k it's sure...
BUT
mine is rust free, interior is like new, in leather...
and the diesel engine is bulletproof !
but to save some dollars you could buy a gasoline model, the price i want for the car is expensive, but older models goes for this price, so i take a chance...
i changed the lights too, i will take a picture this week and try selling it, this money could make a great cashdown for another multi-plex...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back