Ceramic wrap around headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtRammy

I've seen this and it looks cool...But I don't want it to be rice! What's the point of this exactly?

I did some research

It's heat wrap actually!

Is it usueful?

I've seen this and it looks cool...But I don't want it to be rice! What's the point of this exactly?

I did some research

It's heat wrap actually!

Is it usueful?

it insulate the header/exhaust from other parts.. in other terms it keeps the heat, so it reduce a little the temperature in the engine bay, making the air that your intake will sucks a little bit cooler too

cooler air=more oxygen molecules= more power because of a better combustion

i simplified it a lot.. do not imagine you will gain 5 hp by doing it.. but in racing/hi power applications.. every little mods is useful..but on the street, if your car is not heavily modified, or even turbo/supercharged.. i doubt that it is reeeeeeeeally useful

edit: i don't think header wrapping is considered rice so far :p it's not flashy.. people doesn't see it if your hood is not open..and its not completly useless

it insulate the header/exhaust from other parts.. in other terms it keeps the heat, so it reduce a little the temperature in the engine bay, making the air that your intake will sucks a little bit cooler too

cooler air=more oxygen molecules= more power because of a better combustion

i simplified it a lot.. do not imagine you will gain 5 hp by doing it.. but in racing/hi power applications.. every little mods is useful..but on the street, if your car is not heavily modified, or even turbo/supercharged.. i doubt that it is reeeeeeeeally useful

Thanks for the info

+ it looks cool :p

Its also good for floor temperatures when using aftermarket headers, or if your turbo manifold is too close to certain parts, its good to wrap to keep those parts from melting.

Thanks for the info

+ it looks cool :p

i have to add that wrapping a stainless steel exhaust/turbo manifold or whatever it's not going to be a problem.. but ceramic coated headers like DC sports makes, are made of mild steel, the coating keep them from rusting.. but with the time, and heating/cooling cycles its going to happen, so if you wrap them they will have a tendency to rust even sooner because the wrap will keep the moisture inside..

i don't have any personnal experience with ceramic coating but ive heard that a lot during the past years

ça a diminué pas mal la température sous le hood sur le char à ma blonde. je crois que ça dépend pas mal de la position et de la longueur des headers sous le hood.

lol when I read this I was like what? Ceramic Wrap-Around Headers? And this is what came to my mind:

ceramicwrapaorundheaderqt5.jpg

It wraps the engine-block around to keep him warm and happy :)

c'est mieux avec ceramic coat,,les headers ne rouille plus,,,voir le site www.mr-performance.com

Je travaille dans des echangeurs de gaz tres chaud et on utilise des bande en ceramique comme ils utilisent pour mettre alentour des headers et laisse moi te dire que ta petite couche de ceramique accotera JAMAIS la fibre de ceramique en strap que tu wraps alentour...C'est TRES resistant a la chaleur on se sert meme de ca comme gasket dans plusieurs concepts

I did some research

It's heat wrap actually!

Is it usueful?

Trouver ça "cool" ou "beau" sans savoir à quoi ça sert, ça c'est rice ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back