Gym recomendation in the wild wild west?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Blitz

I'm looking for something not too crowded. Something with no posers and whatnot.. I checked out Energie Cardio on St-Charles but they ask for 48$+tx a month and I really don't think it's worth it.
I did a search and Goodlife came up but on their website it says it's a women only club (pte. claire). Also heard about Monster, seems close by, the rates are good.. what's you feedback? Or any other place worth while I could go check out?

BTW, considering it's Christmas, should I wait to join a gym or it won't be too crowded everywhere? :dunno:

thanks!

Latitud Fitness(on pierrefonds and st jhons)

The machines are brand new and its always empty .

check it out

Monster gym sucks lol posers everywhere and their machines are 20 years old

Xtreme Fitness on Gouin in A ma baie. its cheap $325 a year. Some consider it ghetto but its got pretty much everything.

Ive tried two so far,
Goodlife in pointe-claire is for both sexes and its very nice, everything is always clean, a lot of machines and all are very recent, not crowded at all. The price is high though.
Monster is inexpensive, the machines are ok but its very crowded at peak hours, however they are open 24 hours a day. Im not exactly sure what you mean by posers in gyms, but there are many people built to hell at Monster.

theres a ghetto gym in ste-anne de bellevue...its something like 125$ for 6 months the first time, then its 100$ for every other 6 months after that. Oh and i said ghetto but its pretty decent actually... decent equipement, and not too crowded.

Ive tried two so far,
Goodlife in pointe-claire is for both sexes and its very nice, everything is always clean, a lot of machines and all are very recent, not crowded at all. The price is high though.
Monster is inexpensive, the machines are ok but its very crowded at peak hours, however they are open 24 hours a day. Im not exactly sure what you mean by posers in gyms, but there are many people built to hell at Monster.

I don't mind built people, it's normal in a gym. Just don't want anyone that's gonna hogs machines and chit chat all the time. or go around in wife beaters and try to impress the ladies (as funny and as pathetic as this may be :p)

I really want something with not too many people. I'm anti-social lately, what can I say?

Keep'em coming guys, thanks!

Centre Sportif Cote-De-Liesse.. its 5mins drive from the west, righ ton the service road of the 520west... badminton nets, tennis courts, sick gym, good locker rooms and showers and all... cant go wrong.. its HUGE

I don't mind built people, it's normal in a gym. Just don't want anyone that's gonna hogs machines and chit chat all the time. or go around in wife beaters and try to impress the ladies (as funny and as pathetic as this may be :p)

I really want something with not too many people. I'm anti-social lately, what can I say?

Keep'em coming guys, thanks!

It liek that in every gym....but u'll see more dedicated people at monster...there will be chit chatting too though cuz so many ppl..

go to monster it's cheap and has all machines.

Good Life is a great gym, it is not womens only. Theres 2 Good Life places, theres one in South West One which is both men and women, and there is the one on top of Loblaws in Kirkland which is all women.
I find good life is very clean, nice people, yes you pay a little more but there has never been a line up or a wait for a mechine there that i have seen.

when i was younger i went to the Y, it was ok, i guess...

right now i go to Monster. and despite what everyone says, its not THAT bad. ya it might be filled with cocky ass big guys, but somewhere, u gotta just ignore everything and do your own thing

I go to nautilus.

It's ok, i've been there for 2 years but i dont like the opening hours anymore. The machine are old and the gym is dirty but they are building a new one (in front of brothers). The new one will be open for spring. People and the staff are nice. (this is the only reason why i might stay)

I'm considering changing soon but i would like to know if anyone know the price for a student at Goodlife.

Aslo, i would like to have more feedback on latitud fitness

Thanks

Latitud fitness is sick lol, i tried monster and energie cardio..
the place is clean , new machines, nice loocker room and showers.

pointe claire pool gym ...30$ a month +- its an older crowd no posers or distraction people go there to do their own thing! and its never really crowded the only downside is the hours its open .

monday-friday 6am-2pm 6pm-9pm

saturday-sunday 10am-2pm

I go to Monster Gym and have been a member since 2003, it's been over 4 years (almost) and I really like it. I always hear that Monster Gym is full typical West Island guys and girls that think there are too good for the rest of society but I disagree and think that anyone who says that has been living under a rock! If you (whoever you are) think that cocky guys and snobby girls only live in the West Island, then your mistaken because the last time I checked, areas like Westmount, Hamstead, CSL (Cote St. Luc), Beaconsfield and even Senneville have high end gyms where people think it's normal to spend over $100.00 a month for a membership, I even know of one gym near Westmount that charges $3000.00 a year. If your serious about your workout, a gym like Monster won't bother you because 1) They have all the equipment (weights and cardio) 2) You get motivated there 3) It's not expensive.

40$ tax in for student

For Latitude? That's pretty good.
I'll head out to check Latitude, Fitness and Monster. I'll also give a shot to the smaller ones if they're not too far away. I was gonna today but my car gave me a hard time so tomorrow, hopefully.

Thanks guys!

I go to Monster Gym and have been a member since 2003, it's been over 4 years (almost) and I really like it. I always hear that Monster Gym is full typical West Island guys and girls that think there are too good for the rest of society but I disagree and think that anyone who says that has been living under a rock! If you (whoever you are) think that cocky guys and snobby girls only live in the West Island, then your mistaken because the last time I checked, areas like Westmount, Hamstead, CSL (Cote St. Luc), Beaconsfield and even Senneville have high end gyms where people think it's normal to spend over $100.00 a month for a membership, I even know of one gym near Westmount that charges $3000.00 a year. If your serious about your workout, a gym like Monster won't bother you because 1) They have all the equipment (weights and cardio) 2) You get motivated there 3) It's not expensive.

Yeah, I'm gonna check them out but what can I say.. I don't like posers in gyms. Sure there's some everywhere but I want one with the least of them possible. They act all tough and as if they're da shit (some of them).. I'd love to kick their ass. :D:run:

what place charges 3K a year though, the sanctuary (or however the name is..) ?

It liek that in every gym....but u'll see more dedicated people at monster...there will be chit chatting too though cuz so many ppl..

go to monster it's cheap and has all machines.

S2G-Unit's a meat head..

I was at Goodlife for 2 years before joining Monster, been there a good 5-6 years now. Goodlife lacked motivation... found it to have a boring/lazy atmosphere as oppose to monster. Give monster a try, they give a free month trial, see how you like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back