coilover or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite

Legacy Member
im in this dilemma of getting a coilover or not.
i have 1997 240sx bone stock, but i hate the 4x4 look of it.
i wanna lower it with a coilover but im scared that it'll **** up the general condition of the car like making squeeking noise or rattles in the interior due to harsh ride and more stress on the general parts in the car, especially with our ****ing beautiful road we have in montreal.
i love how it rides right now with stock suspension. it's not harsh, makes absolutely no annoying noises, drives like a brand new car.
yea sure coilover will probably bring better road handling but i don't drive as if im in a race car.im kinda getting outta those phase. stock handling is good enough for me. the only reason why im considering coilover is to lower the car so i can love it even more.
and spring/shock combo ride height doesn't cut it for me.

so i wanna hear from ppl who had a brand new car or almost brand new car and have installed a coilover later on. i want them to tell me if im worrying for nothing or not.

i wanna lower it with a coilover but im scared that it'll **** up the general condition of the car like making squeeking noise or rattles in the interior due to harsh ride and more stress on the general parts in the car, especially with our ****ing beautiful road we have in montreal.
i love how it rides right now with stock suspension. it's not harsh, makes absolutely no annoying noises, drives like a brand new car.
yea sure coilover will probably bring better road handling but i don't drive as if im in a race car.im kinda getting outta those phase. stock handling is good enough for me. the only reason why im considering coilover is to lower the car so i can love it even more.

so i wanna hear from ppl who had a brand new car or almost brand new car and have installed a coilover later on. i want them to tell me if im worrying for nothing or not.
You'll be fine only with lowering springs,i have some suspension technique spring,and im very happy of the ride of my Sentra. ;)

how much did it drop?
are u running it on an aftermarket shock?

It lowered 1 3/4 inches but i only have aftermarket KYB AGX shocks in front.
Its a really comfy ride even with the suspension mods,and i have way better stability :)

so it's now in ur possession!?
I can't speak for coilovers but I'm running an eibach/kyb combo... I'm not certain of it's exact drop... ~1.2" (RoYaL_FLuSH 411 plz!!) but I can say that there's no rattles or squeaks or noises. And my car is a 1991! The only time it's annoying is on real bad roads or cobble stone.

Moi j'aime bien le k-sport coil over mais il est un peu dure pour la rue
si tu veut juste rouler sur la rue :
je te conseil un combo genre Eibach spring/Kyb agx shocks

Bonne journée

so it's now in ur possession!?
I can't speak for coilovers but I'm running an eibach/kyb combo... I'm not certain of it's exact drop... ~1.2" (RoYaL_FLuSH 411 plz!!) but I can say that there's no rattles or squeaks or noises. And my car is a 1991! The only time it's annoying is on real bad roads or cobble stone.

yea it's in my hands now :D
eibach sportline right? i believe that's one of the spring that drops the most from my research before.
ur ride height was pretty good, i wonder how it would be on s14 tho.
im going with 16" rims, so i'll have good amount of wheel gap to get rid of.

im considering tein basic. since it looks like it has the softest springs among all other coilovers.

Moi j'aime bien le k-sport coil over mais il est un peu dure pour la rue
si tu veut juste rouler sur la rue :
je te conseil un combo genre Eibach spring/Kyb agx shocks

Bonne journée

k-sport c'est tu l'equivalent au megan racing?
j'en avais ca avant sur mon mr2 pis je l'aimais pas trop. c'etait trop dure pour nos belles rues

It lowered 1 3/4 inches but i only have aftermarket KYB AGX shocks in front.
Its a really comfy ride even with the suspension mods,and i have way better stability :)

that's not bad as a drop. anything more than 1.5" is considerable.
but isn't agx super hard as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back