Need 411 on lapping days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontrealM3

Legacy Member
Now that I have the STi, I can't do lapping anymore with the Porsche club.

Does anyone other group have access to Tremblant besides 'Temblant Club', Porsche club and Ferrari club?

Also, are any shops (trac, sin may, etc) organizing lapping days soon at Eustache?

I know MCO has something July 4th at Shannonville,

If you can let me know on any other events that would be greatly appreciated!

Why don't you do some Solo 1 with LAPS with real racers instead of lapping around with newbies?

We were at St-Eustache yesterday, great day...

Next event is Sanair, I can't make it but you should go, its a two day event.

Laps now does the following at every track:

Morning, you get 2 sessions of 20 minutes lapping practice.
After lunch, you get 3 sessions of 4 laps around the track to try and get the best 4 lap time...

Last edited:
that right... it was the first time I go to a solo1.. but I don't race... usually I'm co-driving in the sliver/black WRX rally.... so I when there to supporte my driver :) he did not too bad, but he is a rally driver first... and the tires where cheap (pirelli P700)
but it was very fun...we probably be to the next event!

ps : sorry for my english

LAPS

I highly recommend LAPS. Of course, I'm biased, because I'm the president. Sev has already explained the format. What Solo 1 gives you that the others don't is competition. Of course it's fun to just lap the track, but it's also nice to see how your times compare with others with similarly classed cars. You'd often be surprised with the results... Come and check us out at Sanair on the 28th (big track with 600 meter straight) or the 29th (trioval). It's free for spectators. Also, no special license is needed so you can race your first time out. E-mail me if you need more details at v_basile@hotmail.com

Avec une BMW on peut etre dans le club Porsche??? Ou c'est seulement pour les BMW Come m3-m5 etc...? Si oui combien ca te coutait (si ca te derange pas de le dire)?

BMW club maybe?
As for newbies and lapping days...depends who you lap with. I have lapped numerous times with trhe PCA up at Tremblant and they have everything divided up into run groups according to driver skill.

You can lap with PCA if you have a BMW (any) or Ferrari.

Check out the rennsport web site.

Rob

Originally posted by VwAlex
Avec une BMW on peut etre dans le club Porsche??? Ou c'est seulement pour les BMW Come m3-m5 etc...? Si oui combien ca te coutait (si ca te derange pas de le dire)?

Thanks,
I need to work a few thing before going to the track anyway but maybe next year I'll see how the 2002 compare with newer cars...

Re: LAPS

Originally posted by civic44
I highly recommend LAPS. Of course, I'm biased, because I'm the president. Sev has already explained the format. What Solo 1 gives you that the others don't is competition. Of course it's fun to just lap the track, but it's also nice to see how your times compare with others with similarly classed cars. You'd often be surprised with the results... Come and check us out at Sanair on the 28th (big track with 600 meter straight) or the 29th (trioval). It's free for spectators. Also, no special license is needed so you can race your first time out. E-mail me if you need more details at v_basile@hotmail.com

Pourquoi quand je vais dans les reglements de LAPS pour le SOLO 1 ca dit: "ou les competiteurs doivent posseder une license de competition SOLO 1 ou mieux"? Ca vient pas contredire ce que tu dis en haut?

Merci a l'avance pour ton aide.

One way to get your lisence, is to do 3 solo 1 events accompagnied by an instructor in your car, once you have done those three events you may apply for the required lisence.

Does the Trac racing school also qualify you for the license?

I'm asking because I paid for and was supposed to attend the one in mid April but something came up and I had to delay it so I'll be at the next one.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back