Maxima 2004 Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsinkhan35

I know it is early to think about summers but since i've bought maxima 2004, i am currently thinking about mods that i will do to my car. The basic thing to start with will be AIR INTAKE. I need some suggestions. I saw Injen and AEM Cold Air Intakes. I also read they can be dangerous in rains. I didn't really like the description of Short Ram Intakes. For now there are very few engine mods available.

P.S the vq35de resembles which engine. I mean which car parts will be compatible with maximas. For example i know vq30e can take parts from 300z (headers, catback)

I know it is early to think about summers but since i've bought maxima 2004, i am currently thinking about mods that i will do to my car. The basic thing to start with will be AIR INTAKE. I need some suggestions. I saw Injen and AEM Cold Air Intakes. I also read they can be dangerous in rains. I didn't really like the description of Short Ram Intakes. For now there are very few engine mods available.

P.S the vq35de resembles which engine. I mean which car parts will be compatible with maximas. For example i know vq30e can take parts from 300z (headers, catback)

I got an Injen CAI on my 02 maxima (also a VQ35 engine), and I recommend it to you. I've installed it in about an hour more or less. It was a perfect (not to say easy) fit, but too expensive for what it is.

Still, I would probably buy the same one again, I've owned it for 2½ years without any problem.

The VQ35 has one of the best sounding intakes I've ever heard (one of the reasons why I bought this car BTW)

And don't worry about the rain, as long as you dont put the whole filter underwater you shouldn't have any problem.

My opinion..stay away from CAIs and SRIs if you dont want to spend 600$ plus taxes for a new MAF....because yes it WILL break.

Btw if you ever change the intake for an after market one youll gain a BIT of high end power but will loose a noticeable low end torque...I personally prefer the response of my car with the stock airbox.

Take a look on www.maxima.org...youll have PLENTY of info about your 6th gen. maxima and all its mods available.

You can get a intake spacer....it keeps the incoming air a bit cooler since the intake manifold will be cooler.

Theres the Y pipe you can change for less restriction, and of course different parts from the OEM exhaust system.

Theres also an AFC unit you can install on your car to get the best mixture available at all rpm to maximize your powerband.

Of course suspension, engine mounts, sway bars, rims etc etc..

My car is going to be a touch of Performance and Ricer lolll. I think it doesn't need that much improvement engine wise. may be some touch up on visuals. Also i will be installing in Dash dvd. I would like to know good installation places around.

Last edited:
My opinion..stay away from CAIs and SRIs if you dont want to spend 600$ plus taxes for a new MAF....because yes it WILL break. ...
You can get a intake spacer....it keeps the incoming air a bit cooler since the intake manifold will be cooler...

Honestly I've run a year with a CAI Nismo and it been 2 years since I'm running F/I and I still have the original MAF... No I problema...

And for the intake spacer, it is not a matter of having the air cooler... cause the heat transfer from the block to both intake plenum just as is does with the spacer... the gain point is the fact that the space between the upper and lower plenum for cylinder 1 & 2 is way to restrictive, by giving more room for the air to pass you can gain up to 10whp on a 350Z N/A and I gained 17 whp on mine (dynapack proved)....

And for all the other unexpensive "performance mods"... None is worthy except if you want a more deepthroat sound by changing the exhaust system... lol...
:bigup:

Like the Outsider mentionned, if you want more top end and don't care about low end torque then by all means, install a CAI...

what you could do is keep the OEM airbox/system and simply change your exhaust piping for a larger diameter one ( Y-pipe/ b-pipe, etc)...

please don't rice it out thought.. a maxima is a luxury sedan/ executive style car.. try to keep it looking elite..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back