Oil squirters on redtop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldschoolZ

I did a search on this, I found out that there are two generations on sr20 redtop, the first one has no oil squirters.
The second one has fins on the block and oil squirters in it. My friend has the first ''generation'' of sr20det and he's doing a high horsepower build on his engine (375-400whp), he hasn't taken it appart yet and he's wondering if the oil squirters from a second generation redtop could be easily adapted to his engine?

Thanks guys

The one with the fins are usely S13 black top.Don't much more.And from what I heard the redtop never had oil squirters but I'm really not sure on that one so don't quote on this.

the cooling fins he is talking about CAN and will be found on newer redtop`s and im guessing all blacktops, i dont beleive their is oil squirters in these cooling fins since they are made on the cylinder head and can be seen right below the valve cover around the center, it is more likely that these coolin fins have oil passages in them and the fins act as a heatsink found on a computer processor. good luck.

The one with the fins are usely S13 black top.Don't much more.And from what I heard the redtop never had oil squirters but I'm really not sure on that one so don't quote on this.

fins on the head of black top true!!!

it's for helping the temp to cool down

Blue bird engines got oil squirters too (red top)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back