Recommendations? New Car, needs body work..

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaldragon

Just bought myself a 92 Honda Prelude.

Body is in relatively good shape, but I want to fully re-do it and have it done properly. I want it shining the summer. Basically, the rear quarters were re-done, the job was descent, but I want to fully redo them because it looked like they used putty. I want to have the rust removed and have new pieces of fender put in..

If there are any good body shops that anyone recommends, please post them here or PM me.

I need to also get my winshield replaced, so if I can get everything done at the same time it would be great. Hopefully they can fix me a good price also.

What I need done.

Some rust spots to be fixed
Windshield replaced
Complete car paint job excluding the hood, trunk and sunroof..
Tint windows

I want the bodyshop to do it right. I don't want rust coming back next year or it to look like it was ever redone. Thanks in advance.

Pictures below..

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3734rear.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg

IMG_3729.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

Last edited:
i got 2 quotes for my quarter on my 96 civic .it only had a lil bit of surface rust but i wanted the quarter cut out and new metal welded in , i got quoted $800 and $1100 and both places were not very very high end .

if u really want this done properly , its gonna cost u quite a bit i think. i suggest u just go straight out for a full paint job and a quality 1 will prolly cost u around 4-6k

The question is do you want to pay few k to re-new this car? The new paint job probably cost more than the car itself and keep in mind that it's a 16 yrs old car. Once the body is all fixed, the mechanic may need to tune up as well. Worth it?

Or better off drive it as it is and save up for a new car.

I was happy that i didn't spend too much $ to re-new and repair on my first car.

yeh man i drove my first too cars basically as is, i did whatever paint work had to be done on my own and made it look better than rust... then i used all my saved money to buy a new car... its a decision u have to make, are u willing to live with it until u could get a much newer car or is this something ur gona keep for a long time

my thought is the same.. 16yr old car.

If the rust really bothers you just repaint it and in 2 yrs live with the rust coming back out.

i got both my quarters done on my civic for 500$ at Fix Auto... i had holes from the rust so i did the bodywork, putty, fiberglass lol and wet sanded the whole thing... they primed and painted.

But now i noticed last time i washed my car the paint is lifting under my side moldings on both sides! Its litterally just not sticking.. i'm gonna go back and see what they say. This was done in July last year

For what you are looking do do it will cost around 4500$. You have to repaint the entire car, you have no choice because when you fix the rust nothing will match. Also no shop will give you a warranty against the rust coming back.

I understand what you mean,

Thanks.. I might have found a good shop to do it at. G.P Auto.

I'll be passing by there tomorrow, it's owned by Probe_SVT from MR

For what you are looking do do it will cost around 4500$. You have to repaint the entire car, you have no choice because when you fix the rust nothing will match. Also no shop will give you a warranty against the rust coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back