Best price on whey protein in montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russianguy

Legacy Member
Is there anyone who can beat $110 CAD tax included for 10lb bag of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey protein in montreal? Comes up to $11 per pound and no hassles involved. Even popeyes can't beat this prie.

Or i can just buy 25 pounds of allthewhey.com isolate protein and it would cost me $195 Canadian imported into canada including gst/pst. Just $7.80 per pound but with driving to the border it isn't worth my time to save $80.

If i buy 50 pounds of allthewhey.com isolate protein it would cost me around $350 canadian imported into canada including gst/pst. Just $6.94 per pound and savings of almost $200 which makes it probably worth to me to drive for a couple of hours.

What do you think? I know allthewhey protein is different but it's better quality than optimum and cheaper if i go buy large volume.

It seems that the protein market is very competitive now and prices went up considerably.. i remember paying $132 cad shipped for 25 pounds of protein back in september 2006 for supplementmarket.com's protein. Sure it was ion-exchange whey blend, but still...

25lbs of protein is 2 scoops a day for 6 months (373 servings)

EDIT:
This is the canadian distributor for allthewhey: http://www.wheydepot.com
Free shipping so you save on the driving part, I find the prices to be very affordable
I've been using ON whey for ages. I'll give it a shot next time

Last edited:
why do you need protein ?

It's not like you are planing on becoming a pro body building and dedicating your life to that.

you can acquire AMAZING results, simply by :
eating properly , sleeping properly and no alcohol/smoke.

your only supplement should be : MOTIVATION. usualy working out partners are good for that.

I have been working out for almost 5 years now , tried proteins for a short period of time, and came to the conlcusion that it isn't as necessary as people and MEDIA claims.
Heard the same kind of opinion from pro body builders , from all across the world.

Not saying you shouldnt take them , just expressing my personal opinion,
besides all this is more of a ''life style'' nowadays more than anything else.

to conclude, save your bucks , dont buy proteins , eat well , set up your mind for training ,
and thank me later :)

If you compare to low-fat high-proteins meat, whey is cheaper and more efficient. You obviously have to eat BOTH, but whey is a good SUPPLEMENT (ie not a meal).

ok let aside people saying proteins are just a marketing scheme if you believe in that all good...,

10pd bag is a lot, i would get fed up fast, order 2X 5 pounds instead different flavor, spend an extra 10 bucks if you have to, bodybuilding is the cheapest ... i like my ON

why do you need protein ?

It's not like you are planing on becoming a pro body building and dedicating your life to that.

your only supplement should be : MOTIVATION. usualy working out partners are good for that.

I have been working out for almost 5 years now , tried proteins for a short period of time, and came to the conlcusion that it isn't as necessary as people and MEDIA claims.
Heard the same kind of opinion from pro body builders , from all across the world.

Not saying you shouldnt take them , just expressing my personal opinion,
besides all this is more of a ''life style'' nowadays more than anything else.

to conclude, save your bucks , dont buy proteins , eat well , set up your mind for training ,
and thank me later :)

I'm not planning to become a pro but i've been workin out for 8 years and i see results with protein. The recommended protein intake is around 1 gram per pound of weight, and there's no way i can get 205 grams of protein daily from meat and dairy products. So supplementing with protein is a good way to ensure your body is getting all the protein it needs. It's also cheaper than meat, meat, and dairy products.

casein is pretty cheap too on wheydepot.com

I paid over 50$ for a 2 lb tub of on casein at popeye.

Next time I need some stuff I'll try their isolate & casein

i know that and it depends if he's looking for a protein or a weight gainer. But ur right, he said protein so unless he specifies otherwise, I'll suggest something else.

I think I got my whey sensation at 50$ and it was a 5lbs so u could probably get a deal somewhere. Have u been to muscle depot or nutri zone?

Here's a little update: I picked up 50 pounds of ALLTHEWHEY.COM ISOLATE protein for 230 deivered. Saved myself more than 50% over bullshit montreal prices. It expires in 2 years so for the next two years i got nothing to worry about.

I'm giving 25 pounds to my gf.. wish i had more to share. :)

The taste is great and i recommend this protein to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back