Speedo was reading 310 km/h today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardhittinstang

Legacy Member
I did an aller/retour to Quebec city today and on the way back with my buddy on a CBR954 (I'm on my CBR1100XX) passed him by while he was topped out at 290 !!!! He was looking really frustrated to watch me keep on going !!!! We did 2 full on runs, the first I hit 300, than the second 310 !!! What an adreneline rush!!!
(before all you smart asses say the bike can't really go that fast I know there is speedo error but there's not much more than a Hayabusa or ZX-12 that can match my run.....anyway I'm not here to compete or show off just wanted to share the RUSH with you guys !!!!!

i belive the speed.i saw a vid with that bike doing 305.

i just cant belive that you did it on quebec roads!hope you found a smoth stretch.

A friend of mine did 280 on a TL1000R... and extra 100 cc will give you the extra speed, I don't doubt it!

Originally posted by hardhittinstang
I did an aller/retour to Quebec city today and on the way back with my buddy on a CBR954 (I'm on my CBR1100XX) passed him by while he was topped out at 290 !!!! He was looking really frustrated to watch me keep on going !!!! We did 2 full on runs, the first I hit 300, than the second 310 !!! What an adreneline rush!!!
(before all you smart asses say the bike can't really go that fast I know there is speedo error but there's not much more than a Hayabusa or ZX-12 that can match my run.....anyway I'm not here to compete or show off just wanted to share the RUSH with you guys !!!!!

That was'nt the best thing to do on a long weekend with so many police doing radar, but then again no one could of followed you hehe.

yep! wow good guess. you know your bikes.

i also did it on my rg 500 gamma. now lets see how good you are,

who made the gamma and what is it?

Thanks....rg 500 GAMMA....Suzuki 2 stroke rocket for the time....very rare today in good condition!! Mid 1980's ...nice machine when i was younger i dreamt about it!!!

wow must people have no idea what im talking about when i say i had a rg 500 and a rg 250.

i lived out west for a while and there is a guy who specializes in rare japan only bikes if you like that kind of stuff the company has a site i think its called www.greybike.com or something like that the company is atlas they got some cool stuff.

. the 250 was a blast!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info....I had a buddy who had a rg250....man did it look hot back then!!!

sounds like you had a nice collection, I too had a few machines...7 in total and my younger brother had 2 bikes too!!! A parents worst nightmare!!!

your buddy with the black CBR 954... tattoed guy ... shaved head ... ? we might know the same guy

I got really close with my 98 Gixxer 750 but I had alot of mods on it and I'm not just talking pipes and a K&N filter here!!! Got over 290 easy but after that, I was pretty much topped out with the gearing I had. If I would have changed the gearing, I could have gone over but I'm not a top speed kind of guy, I rather get acceleration and power wheelies in 3rd so I had very high gearing with it.

Originally posted by hardhittinstang
Yep....same guy I've known him for many years.....cool guy...

This guy lives for his bike ! :) Good guy

Last edited:
cool Whitezomby it would be crazy to get passed at over 290 on a 750 !!!!

tan1 this guy rides his bike more than I drive my car!!!!

Suprisingly, it was still very stable even at that speed. I wonder how much more stable a double X is or a Busa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back