Best PRE-WORKOUT Meal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorex

Pasta? Rice? Oatmeal?

According to a new study that compared, pre-workout meals, Lentils gave athletes the most energy for the longest period of time. The reason is they oxidize carbs much slower providing a more continuous stream of energy.
Other pre-workout meals part of the study were:
Potatoes and white bread.
Potatoes and egg white.

Additionally lentils are a healthy food choice : they are rich in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals... and it's cheap. The biggest challenge is probably gonna be it's average taste ...

link

yep nothing better than pasta before a workout like I use to do before my hockey games a while back.

^ lol, did you actually read the post

Yes I did and nowhere did they say that pasta wasn't good. Pasta isn't part of their statistics. I know for a fact that pasta is pretty good before and workout or an activity. I'm not saying it's better but it is good :bigup:

Yes I did and nowhere did they say that pasta wasn't good. Pasta isn't part of their statistics. I know for a fact that pasta is pretty good before and workout or an activity. I'm not saying it's better but it is good :bigup:
yea I know what you mean. I ve been told by all the coaches I ve played for since I'm a kid to eat pasta the morning of games...

what dyou mean lentils got an average taste? they fn taste delicious!

really? how do you prepare it?

2-3 hours before your workout, have a relatively light meal (~400 calories) consisting of complex carbs, protein and healthy fat. Keep the breakdown around 50-30-20 (carbs-protein-fat).

If you want a nice boost, have a large coffee about 45 min before your workout. Caffeine is a proven performance enhancer. Just be careful not to abuse it or else you'll build up a tolerance to it.

Consuming too many carbs before your workout is not a good idea. The resulting insulin spike will decrease blood glucose and this is where you'll start feeling drowsy; not good before a workout that requires you to be mentally in the zone.

I take the following once in a while:
oatmeal
1-2 scoops protein powder
couple ice cubes
peanut butter
yogourt or frozen fruits

Taste amazing and I feel great during my training.

My favorite pre-workout meal is pasta. Lasagna is a little too heavy for me, not even sure why...

I try to keep it pretty light so as not to boost my blood glucose levels. Furthermore, if i eat too much before a high intensity workout i feel sick. This is especially true when i'm working the abdominals :ugh:

moi je mange pas .. ji vais apres la job .. je mange apres .. lol mais je mentraine pas comme un malade non plus alors..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back