Who wear's a belt for deadlift and squat max sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S2G-Unit

Ok, been working on maxing out my squat and deadlift. Never used a belt so I can make my core strong, work on all my stabilizers. It's mad ****ing strong especially for my size. My 1 rep max for Dead and SQ is a lot and I'm just worried to throw out my back 1 of these days.

What are your reall experiences about a belt for 1RM-3RM?

I use to wear a belt when doing squats, but figured my lower back was just not strong enough for the weight i was using so I stopped using it. Never used them for deadlifting as your LB is an active mover in the 2nd part of the lift
My 1RM for squat is around ~375 and ~425 for deadlifts <-- no straps either hehehe

Could I lift more using a belt, probably, but whats the point if you're not competing in PL competitions...

To relaunch your question, I'd like to know if people who's using knee wraps for squats, I think they are more important than a belt for safety and strength

i see alot of the heavy lift guys using wraps at the gym around their knees. I pretty much Squat 3 times a week and deadlift is in there as well so id love to know what people do

J'ai une veste de bench press, des pantalons de squat et une ceinture de rétention. Ainsi que des strap de poignets et de genoux.

Je l'est utilise quand je tombe dans le range de 1 a 3 reps.

Personnellement la ceinture de 5'' weider/champion ou whatever en vente tablette sert pas a grand chose. Sa ma jamais empêcher de me blessé. Le support lombaire est vraiment pas assez large et serré pour faire une différence et en plus la ceinture me blesse.

J'ai acheté une 7-8'' de powerlift quand je fais du deadlift C'est vraiment un bon soutient.

Sinon ma ceinture de rétention par exemple, sa c'est quelques choses.

so.....ok ....i weigh in at about 170.... did my 1RM for squats yesterday at 405. Dead'd 2 reps at 405 also. RAW, no suits, no belt. no straps (which is another thing i avoid. I worked to make my fingers very strong)....only chalk

I'm just worried at the ****in rate that i'm increasing that I could mess something up. I avoided the weight belt all this time just to build up a mad strong core.

Maybe i should look into getting some knee wraps?
Do knee wraps help prevent injury?

Have any of you guys had a friend injure themselve doing 1-3RM with no belt? or knee wraps?

I use to wear a belt when doing squats, but figured my lower back was just not strong enough for the weight i was using so I stopped using it. Never used them for deadlifting as your LB is an active mover in the 2nd part of the lift
My 1RM for squat is around ~375 and ~425 for deadlifts <-- no straps either hehehe

Could I lift more using a belt, probably, but whats the point if you're not competing in PL competitions...

To relaunch your question, I'd like to know if people who's using knee wraps for squats, I think they are more important than a belt for safety and strength

From what I read...belt won't help you increase the weight, only supposed to protect your lower back.
I've really avoid this damn belt thing so I can get a good core, that's why I can dead and SQ alot. people don't realise why they can't shrug,dead or squat alot is because they're core is too damn weak. A lot of the time it's the same guys who squat half of their bench....lol

When you should squat or dead double...lol

I also use chalk, I don't know what I would do without it

lot of the time it's the same guys who squat half of their bench....lol

When you should squat or dead double...lol

^^ hehehe

If you lift like this guy, you warrant the need for a belt, at ~3:45 hehe
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceaq9MwhH1s"]YouTube - Mariusz Pudzianowski - Dominator 01[/ame]

I dont use belt for anything
the purpose of squatting and deadlifting for me is to build a stronger body as a whole

I used to buy straps, but I never used them
Instead I have also bought CoC grippers and I work on them to improve grip for deadlifting

I dont use belt for anything
the purpose of squatting and deadlifting for me is to build a stronger body as a whole

I used to buy straps, but I never used them
Instead I have also bought CoC grippers and I work on them to improve grip for deadlifting

thx
Agree 100% ....just worried about injury.....I think that as my squat and dead goes up obviously my core will get stronger to support it.
I'll have to keep reading / researchin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back