advice about losing some baby fat on the stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

93teg

i was wondering whats the best way to lose that little fat from my stomach,i excercise my stomach,do weights,i was thinking of adding some cardio every two days at 15min to 20min,i think i eat pretty well,my daily eating routine is, morning i have some pasta,for lunch rice with chicken with veges,later on the afternoon i have chicken or beef soup,then for supper rice and chicken,and at night some cereal,im i missing something with my eating habbits?more protein ??

thanx ill give that a try,one more thing wouldnt that make me lose weight if i did cardio 3times to 4 times a week,cause i just want to lose that fat but not lose my stable weight ive been stuck on for awhile

To lose fat, there's no other way than to burn it, so it's all about cardio. If you'd like to "maintain" weight, then you'll most likely have to lose the fat, and gain more muscle, which is usually what happens when people work out.

Here's something I posted a while ago in a different thread about cardio exercise.
Original thread can be found here:
http://forums.montrealracing.com/of...wheels/523316-my-cardio-program-any-good.html

I have been reading up on the net and found that there is something called the Fat Burning Zone and that I should keep myself in that zone because if I go higher my body is consuming sugar to fuel my muscles and not fat! Apparently my Fat Burning Zone is 35 to 38 BPM

Any ideas or suggestions would help.

Thanks.

I believe the "Fat Burning Zone" you're talking about is when you reach what is called the "Steady State" exercise.

When you first start exercise, your body with use carbs as it's main source of energy. Carbs don't need much oxygen to be used up, and it's what you use with anaerobic exercise.

After about, usually 20-30 minutes of "steady" exercise, your body will turn to using lipids as it's main source of energy. This is what happens when you get to aerobic exercise. Lipids, a.k.a. Fat needs a certain amount of air-exchange so that it can be used properly, or else you'll go back to the anaerobic state, and use up more carbs than lipids. When you reach "steady state exercise," it's basically when you're jogging, and you feel as if you can run forever, because you're breathing and running at a constant pace.

Now, if you happen to use up a lot of your lipids, by lets say, running too much, you might start to use protein stores as your main source of energy, i.e. your 'muscles.'

Keep in mind that, no matter what kind of exercise you're doing, you're using various amounts of carbohydrates, lipids, and protein. What you have to focus on is which one is being used primarily, which in this case (fat burn) would be your lipid stores. Also, there's different 'levels' (if I may say) of steady state exercise. If you decide to run a bit harder and can still maintain constant running/breathing, you'll obviously burn more calories. But make sure you don't go too fast, or again, you'll go back to using your carb storages instead of the lipids.

A little indication of using up your carbs is cramps. Usually, if you start to cramp, it's because your muscles don't have enough oxygen, therefore the oxygen exchange is not sufficient. Anaerobic exercise is exercise without the exchange of air, so it's a good indication that you're doing anaerobic, rather than aerobic exercise.

Basically, if you can run more than 30 minutes straight, without feeling overly exerted, then you're on the right track.

This is what I've retained from my physiology class last year. I haven't read up on it in a while, but I hope this helps. If anyone can elaborate more, or has any corrections, feel free to do so.

Start by cutting out the cereal from your late night meal. All that sugar will likely end up as stored bodyfat. Instead, replace the cereal with cottage cheese.

I've said this before to other members, diet is key! If you want to lose fat, try to follow a 40-30-30 plan (40% calories from carbs, 30% from protein, 30% fat). Take your bodyweight in pounds and multiply by 12. That number is your daily required calories.

Make a plan! Buy your groceries on Sunday and cook all your meals for the week. This way you won't stray from your diet. Choose a training routine which suits your goals (btw, crossfit is excellent for fat loss).

That's it. Follow a tight diet and train hard and you'll see solid results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back