Updates of the racecar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoolin

Had more time to work on the car... Slowly moving forward ...
For more info on the car just visit www.SpoolSport.com and go in the project section.
I'll post updates here ... next thing is giving the second layer and after that install the wiring harness
project04.jpg

Project06.jpg

project07.jpg

project09.jpg

ic see you're probably gonna run a fuel cell... you'll need a rear firewall no?

It will be bolted down, the fuel cell will sit on a custom bracket in the spare tire location.

Maybe later on i'll modify the whole rear end for the fuel cell/battery but not for now

Why didn't you weld the hole shut instead of putting putty or whatever that is?

By the way, I'm pretty sure you will need a rear firewall like Scott said to pass regulations.

le trou est souder et il a mis du body sealer pour scellé la soudure, tres bien fais, je l'ai fais aussi sur mon 510....

et oui tu va avoir besoin d'une separation entre la valise et l'habitacle pour roulé dans la rue... sa aurais pas été le cas si tu avais une coupe...

pourquoi bleu?

By the way, I'm pretty sure you will need a rear firewall like Scott said to pass regulations.

In fact i used a plate that i spot welded every 1cm and i used eurethane to seal it. This is a common practice when fixing holes. You don't need to weld it all the way around since it's not structural. I don't use putty..

le trou est souder et il a mis du body sealer pour scellé la soudure, tres bien fais, je l'ai fais aussi sur mon 510....

et oui tu va avoir besoin d'une separation entre la valise et l'habitacle pour roulé dans la rue... sa aurais pas été le cas si tu avais une coupe...

pourquoi bleu?

Exactement ce que j'ai fait ;)

Je t'avoue que j'ai aucune idée pourquoi je me suis décidé sur le bleu... mais il est legerement plus foncé que sur les photos... je voulais pas noir car mon wiring loom est noir ...

i think u should check with track safety regulations wether a firewall is manditory or not... anyways, i wouldn't feel safe with a fuel cell right behind me in the cabin... and it seems like if u were to fabricate a firewall, now is the point in the project that u should think about it...

but yea, more info on the project as a whole would be nice *tu*

The rear firewall will be fabricated sometime soon... im not in a hurry for now

What is left to do .. im waiting for 2000$ to come from the mail, braided stainless lines/an fittings/oil cooler/some more gauges and some electric components ... etc..
Basicly i have to do the fuel lines, reinstall the suspension and brakes. reinstall the engine

What is left to do with the engine is finish the stainless exhaust manifold, order some parts for the intake manifold

The easy job is left... the interior was really time consuming. The car should be running in early may.

i think u should check with track safety regulations wether a firewall is manditory or not... anyways, i wouldn't feel safe with a fuel cell right behind me in the cabin... and it seems like if u were to fabricate a firewall, now is the point in the project that u should think about it...

but yea, more info on the project as a whole would be nice *tu*

I would rather install all of the fuel system before just to make sure everything clears and everything is safe since i don't have the cell yet

I don't want to add extra weight with big sheetmetal plates so that's why im waiting for the cell to come in to make the best setup possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back