Nissan Altima 3.5SE question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrftMstr

My dad drives a 2004 Altima 3.5SE. It comes with the VQ35DE. I drive his car on days like today:( Enough BS.

Whenever the engine runs at around 1500rpm to 2000rpm, I heard this very light sound that sounds like a belt. "tac tac tac taac" And then, once back 2000rpm, the sound disappears. Is that sound normal?

I'd really hate to pay for repairs for a 2004 car...

Thanks in advance.

I`ve a 2006 3.5SE and the sound ur talking about, nope. Never. Run smoothly.

TilZz

i just had that sound coming out of my 2005 altima (same engine)... i had it replaced last week, i cant remember what the part they had to replace was called but it wasnt too expensive, ill check out my bill when I get home and post for u (im preety sure its the same thing i had)....
if i forget to get bak to u pm me

Heat Shield rattle.....Every single fcuking 5.5 gen Maxima has that sound from the rpm range you told us. Mine was a shield right before the cathalytic converter. Jack the car and make sure they arent loose...Put 2 screws with bolts to fix it.I wouldnt be surprised your dad has the same issue with a heat shield.

like i said, my VQ35de was making the same noise, here is what my bill for the repair said

tole sure frontpipe lousse - enlever ok price 0.00

haha, i have no idea either what it is in english...
just go to the dealer, tell them of the noise and theyll b able to diagnose it....
just tell them u think its that and theyll find it

Heat shield!Get to teh next corner's garage...lift the car in the air and check it yourself ...Find the fcuking piece of metal that makes the rattling...I say its right after the flex pipe from the Y pipe. If not just touch each and single heat shield under the car and remove it. You can also put a bolt and a nut to squeeze them together.

My dad drives a 2004 Altima 3.5SE. It comes with the VQ35DE. I drive his car on days like today:( Enough BS.

Whenever the engine runs at around 1500rpm to 2000rpm, I heard this very light sound that sounds like a belt. "tac tac tac taac" And then, once back 2000rpm, the sound disappears. Is that sound normal?

I'd really hate to pay for repairs for a 2004 car...

Thanks in advance.

Might be the exhaust line hitting the rear axle too....Mine is bumping under severe road conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back