ducati

Status
Not open for further replies.

philgood

Legacy Member
Anyone here have a ducati 916, 996 or 998? Or know someone how as one. I'm just looking for overall feedbacks how the like they're bike would they buy another one or never again??? Inssurance cost and maintenance i just know that valve adjusment is every 10000KM and is 900$ at monette sport. They're is a ducati garage in quebec city but i can't find it on the net, let me know if you know were it is? thx.

:confused:

Well I can tell you what I've heard from the magazines and all that but I'm sure you already know that. Don't get one, very nice bike to look at but ment for the track and really not a cool street bike and not very reliable. Very fragile bike but apparently the 999 and 749 are way better. Alot of money for the bike. In my last Superbike magazine, they said they could not understand why anyone would buy a 749 when for the money you can get a 600RR and still have alot of money left over for mods and you would be way faster.

if you buy a ducati it is for the look ,name and sound.

right now every new 600 sport bike will beat a 749cc ducati in every way. speed, acceleration, around the track etc.

Originally posted by ac22
if you buy a ducati it is for the look ,name and sound.

right now every new 600 sport bike will beat a 749cc ducati in every way. speed, acceleration, around the track etc.

They tested the ducati 999 around a couple of track and it's pretty slow for the price, my R6 can beat it anyday at the track.

The real monster is the ducati 999s

If you have a lot of money to waste, go for one, but i`d rather get any Jap bike out there... for example look at the Duc 749... 400 lbs... 97 hp - 16 000 $ & up... i dont consider this such a great value for your money, even if the handling is said to be that good...... R1 - R6 Gixxer 1000 750 - CBR 954 600RR for way less (sorry, not a Kawa fan at all, mechanically primitive bikes to me)will bury the Duc....

It`s all about the Ducati name ?... yeah, for common people who dont know much about bike performance...they think it`s the ultimate... but for die-hard fans, we all know where to put our money... can you see any factory Ducati beating the R1 or GSX-R1000 CBR 954 out there (provided same piloting skills?)... i dont think so...

Last edited:
in my book, the ducati is the car analogy of the the plymouth prowler, cool looks, expensive, low value for the bang for the buck, and slow for the price you`ve paid

great feedback guys thx...

any owners i think one of the RMR guys as one or had one???
Let me know your feedback since your an owner or ex-owner???

~thx.

never heard good things about the ducatis
they look great but I dont find that a bike looks great in a garage :/

my boss had a ducatti,he had so much fun on the bike,but he said they are very uncomfortable and very exspensive to fix!

a ducatti is awesome for the track and really curvy roads,not for cruising around!

I think the sound alone it worth the price...

But guy's there other stuff than all out speed. A ducatti is plenty fast for the street. And probably a well driven ducatti would leave more than a few jap speedbike out there. I think ducattis have two major drawbacks:

-The price is expensive but expected
-And the maintenance is a pain

And with the new 999 I think they've switch from the most beautifull bike ever produced to one of the ugliest. But the new 998 powered monster looks reaaly cool.

And the old 900ss with the square headlight are a great buy. It would be in the top of my buyers list

That's where you are wrong VWAlex, even well riden, the Ducs are slower then Jap bikes and break down and are expensive and fragile.

You can get the same sound buying a Honda RC51 or SV1000 or TL1000R or TL1000S wich will be less expensive and more reliable.

What I meant is that newer jap superbikes have become so fast and close to race machine that most of the owner can't drive them to their limit. In a race on the street it is more often the driver than the bike that will make the difference. In that sense ducatti are a little bit easier to push because of how the vtwin delivers its power.

Of course there is japanese vtwins that are faster and cheaper. A ducatti is certanly not a good bang for the buck bike (except for the old 900ss) but it has some unique charm. I like how the frame is made and how the welds are.

Would I buy a ducatti 996? Not as my only bike. But if I had more than one bike it would be in my garage for sure. For the same same reasons as someone would buy a rc51 instead of a 954rr for more money even though its slower...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back