post your workout/diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike_Quebec

so I want some advice and thought I'd come here for it. I'm a pretty big dude, over weight by like 80 pounds or so wich is pretty bad. I've already lost a ton of weight and want to keep going, I lost my job in september and just sat on my ass till now so i probably gained a good like 20-30 lbs back just from that.. I wanna go on a diet but something thats nice and healthy, I absolutely want to cutt out junk food(chips, soft drinks, Fast food of any sort!) out of my diet completely, this is going to be ****ing almost impossible for me because I'm ALWAYS at fast food places and always drinking coke or root beer... but i know it needs to happen.

now I've heard of this "Master Cleanse" shit on youtube, apparently you drink lemonade for 10 days with epson salt in the morning and it flushes out your system of toxins. anyone ever tried this? It seems pretty dangerous.... 10 days no food?

I also know the rule of thumb of weightloss is pretty much just an active life style with a good nutrition diet. I've got a home gym but never use it, I realised the other day I take that shit for advantage. I'd probably be ripped by now if I used that thing from day 1 that I got it. I used to use it then I stopped... started again and stopped. I kept losing motivation.

my #1 problem I think is diet, I can get exercise. eating healthy is my problem. I just can't seem to be able to do it for a long period of time, I used to eat nothing but tuna salad and lost a lot of weight but I ****ing hated eating the same thing every day.

anyways if anyone could either post here or PM me with your diet/exercise routines or any advice at all I'd appreciate it. thanks.

When you say "I will NEVER eat (insert whatever food here) again". You are setting yourself up for failure. Your diet should not feel like a diet, if you know what I mean. If you love a certain food you should not deprive yourself of it, but you can cut back on the amount of times you eat it. I have lost 56lbs since September of last year and I still eat at fast food restaurants. What I do is I checked the calorie and fat content of the food at all the fast food places I love, so when I go to these places I can make better choices. There is also nothing wrong with giving in to temptation once and a while. For example, if you have have a good healthy diet one burger (or whatever) isn't going to affect your weight loss, as long as it isn't all the time (like once every 2 weeks for example). You also should be drinking lots of water. I drink water all day and some days I allow myself a glass of diet soda. Weight loss is as simple as more calories burned that consumed. I also found cooking at home made life easier because you know what is in what you are eating.

The best motivation in my opinion is results, if you are consistently seeing results then you will be motivated to continue.

I don't have much time so I'll make this short and sweet:

Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness

Go to "Start Here" and read everything about the training program and the diet. If you wanna get in shape fast, this will get you there.

Another thing:

1) Set a SPECIFIC GOAL for yourself. Not just "I wanna get in shape". What does that mean? Specific is I want to bring my body composition to 12%. Or I want to deadlift 400lbs. Something that you can aim for.

2) Once you have a goal, set a DEADLINE to complete your goal. There's a saying, "A goal without a deadline is nothing more than a dream". Pick a reasonable deadline. If you want to go from, say 25% bodyfat to 12%, give yourself 4-6 months.

3) Make a PLAN. The plan is based on your SPECIFIC GOAL and your DEADLINE. Plan your training days. Plan your meals. You've all heard the saying "Fail to plan, plan to fail". Nowhere is that more true than in the world of physique transformation.

Good luck :bigup:

eating healthy shouldnt be considered a diet. Its a life style. Get your macros right and a calorie count for your weight and go from there. Read labels, make your own meals and variety is your friend. Make sure you have a good balance between prot, carbs and fat. You NEED all three. No carb or no fat diets are BS and are only a temporary weight loss opprtunity. If you need to lose weight, limit yourself to 400-600 calories per meal and you need to eat often. IE ever 3 hours. That is the RIGHT way to eat. I have been working out for years. Tried gear, supplements and i can tell you from experience that nutrition is KEY. I am 6'2 195 currently 8.9% body fat. Going to climb to 12-13% looking for a bit more mass by upping carbs for about 400 calories a day.

keep yourself on track and get motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back