Dslr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrftMstr

I've been playing with my traditional SLR for over 7 years now. B&W is nice, but I feel the need to upgrade to 21st century.

Anyone has a suggestion for a decently priced DSLR? If anyone is selling their old one, I'm interested in a second hand one to start off nice and slow.

Thanks.

What I have right now is a Canon A610 and I really like the manual features on it. I'd love to have them on the DSLR too.

Thanks for the link, Mazda, but there are no lens included in the sale?

no, I think its only the body !!
The best thing to do is to buy that body and just go buy a new canon 50mm F1.8 lens ...
Its around 100$ new and the quality is stunning !

And for sure, you will have all the manual controls and more !!!

Get a Canon XSi with the kit lens or the Nikon equivalent.. they go for around 800$ brand new

by the way, if you want, I can post some example of that combo canon 20D/50mm F1.8 to show you the quality of the pictures ;)

Ca dépend vraiment c'est quoi ton budget...

Et oui, une 50mm 1.8 et a peu pres n'importe quel body donne des photos de qualité suprenante pour le prix, mais c'est pas toujours facile de composer avec la limite de 50m.. comme lens qui traine au fond du sac c'est le bonheur, mais comme seule lens ?!

by the way, if you want, I can post some example of that combo canon 20D/50mm F1.8 to show you the quality of the pictures ;)

^^ Peut-etre qu'il va avoir de la qualite, mais il pourra jamais vraiment apprecier sa camera/objectif si c'est pas plus "all-round" que ca.. selon moi, 18-55 c'est TRES bon pour commencer et quand tu veux mettre "DOF" dans toutes tes phrases, la tu vas t'acheter une50/1.8

ouais il peut également acheter une 18-55mm ...2k ca reste que les 20D, pour le prix qu'elles se vendent en ce moment, je trouve que c'est un des meilleurs deals qualité/prix !!

J'suis 100% d'accord. Pour avoir passer d'un xt a une 30d, je peux pu me passer des controles et de la 2e écran. C'est tellement rendu facile de changer les parametres sans gosser dans le menu ou peser 2 pitons en meme temps.

ouais il peut également acheter une 18-55mm ...2k ca reste que les 20D, pour le prix qu'elles se vendent en ce moment, je trouve que c'est un des meilleurs deals qualité/prix !!

La, t'as un point, mais faut etre un consommateur avertit pour acheter de l'usager.

Si tu veux te pitcher dans un achat a peu pres les 2 yeux fermés, t'es mieux avec un appareil neuf bas de gamme.. surtout que quand on y pense bien.. le XSi est surement plus performant que le 20D l'etait.. La seule difference, c'est que le boitier est moins solide, mais pour briser un boitier de Rebel, faut etre plus que roffe avec le materiel.

I say try both mainstream brand, Nikon and Canon. I own a Nikon D200 and it's an amazing camera, best bang for buck I think (and a lot of magazine too). I'm not saying Nikon is better, you should try both brand before you buy cause everyone has different need/taste. Best thing to do is go and try them at a store.

I'm not a total n00b at photography either. But I would like something basic to start off with. My budget would lie in the proximity of 700$ ( I'm ambitious, maybe 600) But I have to go over it, by all means. Lens-wise, any good reference on the web to explain the difference types? I'll be going a few macro shots, but mainly "normal" shots. ( maybe DriftThing nights and DMCC :p)

btw, this is what I've been playing with for the past 7 years:
Olympus - IS-3000

Photoshopaddict, your camera's price is quite steep, and 10.2 MP is way more then what I will be needing. I mean professionals needs to upgrade their cameras, no? They don't kepp their 5MP DSLR laying around, do they?

edit: I have my eyes on the Nikon D40 at Future Shiet. 520$ with lenses.

you can still try to find a canon xt with a few used lenses like a 18-55mm and a 70-300mm !!

^^ I'd get that with a Canon 70-300mm.. you'd still be in your budget and able to shoot at drift events

Hey guys, I bought his camera! It is like new! Stunning condition. I'd have to wait for a better day to try out it full potential.

I can't rep Mazda because apparently I've repped him too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back