Need a job (Customer service or something) 15$ hour or +++

Status
Not open for further replies.

jml

As stated in the title, I am looking for a new job, something along the lines of customer service or technical support would be good. I need something that pays at least 15.00$ per hour, I have been working in customer service related jobs (2 jobs) for the past 3 years.

I speak/write in English and French. Graduating from Vanier this semester (so I will havea DEC in 3 weeks)

Anyone that can help me out PM me... I can send resume.

All the tech support jobs are in India or the Phillipines. You won;t find anyhting for $15/hr, thats the reason they left here in the first place

All the tech support jobs are in India or the Phillipines. You won;t find anyhting for $15/hr, thats the reason they left here in the first place

lol REALLY? You seem like a good guy, but you have to stop talking out of your ass at some point.

Telus, Rogers, Fido, my company, all kinds of other tech support contractors, are all Montreal based. There's ALOT more in Montreal than you think. Rogers has call centers located in Ottawa and in Toronto, as well as here in Montreal. All Visa/Mastercard call center are basically within an English/Frencg region. I call Visa and Mastercard all the time, Ive never gotten anybody non French or English. (Im leaning torwards it's not outsourced) Although yes, Microsoft, Bell tech support (sympatico, not billing) is all outsourced to India.. there's still a lot left in Montreal.

So plz stop talking out of your ass.

lol REALLY? You seem like a good guy, but you have to stop talking out of your ass at some point.

Telus, Rogers, Fido, my company, all kinds of other tech support contractors, are all Montreal based. There's ALOT more in Montreal than you think. Rogers has call centers located in Ottawa and in Toronto, as well as here in Montreal. All Visa/Mastercard call center are basically within an English/Frencg region. I call Visa and Mastercard all the time, Ive never gotten anybody non French or English. (Im leaning torwards it's not outsourced) Although yes, Microsoft, Bell tech support (sympatico, not billing) is all outsourced to India.. there's still a lot left in Montreal.

there's stil tons of em, but they don't pay more than 10-12 bucks an hour. you'd be damn lucky to work at telus my buddy works there he said it took him a long time to get in. but he makes almost 17/h I think.

if you can avoid working for bell/videotron it would be worth it, they both suck.

Damn right I am. Stop talking shit. It's simple.

I make well over 10-12$/hr lol (I dont work for ANY of the companies listed above) and it's not hard at all to get into Telus. It's a bunch of stoners, I work with a couple of ex telus employees. IBM is a harder one to get into.. Rogers is so-so from what I hear and I havent heard any feedback from Fido yet.. Depending what you do at telus you can start at 50k a year.. and this is with basic knowledge, self taught.. although a lot of people have degrees.

Go to a head hunting company/IT consulting firm and you'll get a job fairly quick. The people who work there get paid on how many people they can find to fill positions in various companies. List your qualities and they'll place you accordingly.

btw fromage, I asked my boss, and it's fulltime only until you become a permanent employee, then you can switch over to part time.. so a minimum of 3 months before you become a perm, and it can take up to 6 months.. and if you're bad at the job then they can you. :)

Its funny I have been on the phone for about a hour now for my TD VISA card and the two guys they passed me to were from India. The switch seem to have happened overnight ! The companies that received alot of complaints from customers switched to the Phillipines and yes the service was better. Dell just shut their Ottawa CS center and another 1200 jobs losted. I can see they only keep the French CS here or in NB.

Dell 900 jobs in AB
900 jobs affected as Dell closes Edmonton call centre

Dell 1200 jobs in ON
Dell Canada scraps plans to hire 1,200 in Ottawa, will axe jobs instead

I have something for you but its around 11$/hour plus prime (you finally get 15$)
pm me if you want

lol TD outsourced their Customer Support to India around 5 years ago. A buddy of mine lost his job there because of that. Dell from my experience has always been in India unless it's about billing, now they just outsourced that too. So did Symantec a while back, as well as Bell.

You're targetting a minor amount of companies.. yet how many companies are still in Montreal? Most companies THINK they're saving money outsourcing, but with the amount of complaints they're getting they're losing money. I work with over 400 guys right here in Montreal that all do the job description jml posted up for, at a high pay. None of us are getting outsourced anytime soon, they hire a new batch of people for the job every week. Same with IBM, except I think there's more over there if Im not mistaken (within Montreal)

TD Dell are all in Manila, my old company was down the street from them. But we still have a lot based out of Canada, I work for RBC and our visa centers are still based out of montreal toronto etc...

Although yes, Microsoft, Bell tech support (sympatico, not billing) is all outsourced to India.. there's still a lot left in Montreal.

False Microsoft even has a call center in Quebec City for tech support. Bell sympatico has a call center in Ottawa.

Although you are right that there is lot of outsourcing these days, however he should be able to find plenty of offer. Just browse jobboom.

Apply at Gexel Telecom. It's in the old port and Cité du Multimedia. start - Gexel, Centres de contact clients

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back