how much should a simple body work ( rust ) + complete repaint ( same color) cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitized

Legacy Member
Like the title states, how much should a complete repaint + minor rust/bodywork cost?

keep in mind, I am keeping:

Same color
no need to paint inside doors, trunk or in engine bay..

places I got quotes from in Toronto are ranging from 3-4 k

wtf:dunno: last time I repainted a car ( 6+ yrs ago),would've costed at most 2.5k...

Thanks,

kL

if you want a bullshit job that will look good for a year, it'll cost 2.5K

if you want a kick ass job that will look better than original showroom condition, it,s gonna cost 5-6K.

^^^ damn, prices have gone up more then 2x in the last 6 yrs...
:(...

now, need to think over if it's worth investing in a paint job that will cost more then my car is worth.. then again, I am planning to keep the car for another 3 yr at least...

i don't know, that's over priced but mind you a good paint job is expensive but shop around and look around i say $2k will get you a good paint job all of course depending on how expensive your paint is

i don't know, that's over priced but mind you a good paint job is expensive but shop around and look around i say $2k will get you a good paint job all of course depending on how expensive your paint is

that's what I did.. I went to 3 places.. and prices are 2900 ( no doors or hood or trunk painted)
3100 ( complete paint minus engine bay , inside doors and inside trunk)
3300 ( complete)'

the colour is OEM NIssan KH3 black.. simple.. no pearls...

:(

ché pas moi jai préparé un char avec un de mes ami (zéro expérience) vite fait bien fait a l extérieur pis on la faites peinturé pour 500$ ca fait 2 ans pis ya pas une tache de rouille nul part. Le body étais plutot solide un peu de rouille dans les ailles et des petites stone chip.

^^^ thanks, I actually just finished google mapping Maaco location around my place.. will be checking them out tomorrow:bigup:

Let me know how MAACO goes. I've heard mixed reviews. Best bang for buck and not worth shit.:dunno:

What do you do when you prep your car and the only job to be done is paint ??
fix the rust
- do you sand off the old paint ??
-do you apply primer ?

what step do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back