Having a diet cheat day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendster

Would you guys recommend having a diet cheat day once a week?

Basically, I had a goal in the new year to drop 20 pounds, since then I have dropped roughly 12-15 pounds and have another 5-8 pounds to drop or more (hopefully).

I go to the gym 4 times a week, play hockey once a week and watch my diet.

Once a week I eat whatever I want (in small portions) and have a few drinks.

What do you guys think about having a diet cheat day?

that's when you know you're diet isn't the right one.

you cheat once, you'll end up cheating all the time.

Just make sure your diet has something that you can follow. don't strain yourself too much! if you do, you'll end quitting in no time.

But once in a while you need a Carona or some wings at the local bar.

Even pizza, subs and souvlaki (gyros).

I don't think you need a cheat day, 5-8lbs shouldn't be a very hard goal, especially if you go to the gym frequently and are active. What it comes down to is having less calories so you can lose weight. You're better off just keeping whatever diet you have going and when you want to cheat just cheat, just make sure you do it in moderation and not very frequently. I don't think your at a critical weight or somewhere where you need to desperately lose those 5-8lbs so you shouldn't deny yourself stuff you enjoy just to get there.

Following a strict diet is good to lose weight quick. A cheat day is good to have, cause at times, it's just difficult to eat below a certain amount of calories in a day.

I'm simply getting used to eating healthier and am not on a strict diet, but I'm really trying to steer away from junk food and fatty foods. Last Sunday me and my girlfriend went out for a nice little double-date dinner with our friends. After having crepes at Jardins Nelson in the old port, we decide to go somewhere else for desert, and we all agreed to go to Calories for some cake/pie. The chocolate pecan pie I had was the most disgustingly fatty piece of food (though the taste was simply orgasmic), but I wouldn't have enjoyed my time with friends so much if I had said "sorry, I'm on a diet, no desert, blah blah."

It's great to have healthy eating habits, but you can't let that control your life either. :) Cheat as much as you like, but know the consequences that will come with it.

I will say the opposite as these guys... if your diet is pretty strict, you need a cheat day... Si tu ne fais pas ca, si tu ne te récompense pas une fois de temps en temps, ben tu vas faire comme tout le monde, t'écoeurer pis arreter..

Une journée ou tu peux manger tout ce que tu veux, anyway c'est trop court comme période pour trop emmagasiné du gras...

Ceci dit, si ta diet n'est pas sévère du tout, ben les autres plus haut ont raison... trouve toi de quoi que tu vas suivre a l'année... c'est plus simple ...

I will agree with Wadd and say the opposite of these guys.

Nobody is perfect. A cheat day is good for your mind and body because it will help motivate you to stick with your diet. Knowing that you will have something to look forward to every week.

Happy eating.

what I ment is that you don't need a cheat day! your diet HAS to have some kind of food that you like, or you will demotivate yourself.

I eat watever I want to eat, I can eat a whole pizza and then some! I just burn it off after, that's all you really need to do!

Nah man, if you cheat you will want some more of whatever you ate during that day and you will end up being less motivated and you might end up screwing all your diet and start eating 50% of the time what you would like to eat. Just don't get your goals too high and instead of having big goals like loosing 20 pounds in X months take a short term goal and say I wanna loose 2 pounds in X weeks. That way you will keep the focus of your plan and will see the results instead of seing what you didn't loose and have to loose.

As for Alcohol, I would suggest you to drink once a week but don't get too drunk.

cheating is not bad but a cheat 'day' is a nono. You can put on all that youve lost in that week. I would only recommend a cheat 'meal' every week and a half to two week.
cheating is not bad. I am able to maitain 11% bf and still cheat once in a while

Attention, le cheat day (TOUTE la journée) n'est nécessaire et valable que si on a une diet écoeurante... une fois, j'ai fait une diete.. il y avait 0 gras dans mon alimentation excepté pour les deux cuillères d'huile de noix de coco le matin... ben mon dimanche je pouvais et JE bouffais de la cochonnerie toute la putain de journée.. ben pour ceux qui disent que tu reprends tout.. je me suis quand meme dropé a 4% de gras avec un cheat day..

Mais pour ca, faut une diete solide.. sinon, en effet, ca ne sert a rien...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back