Front right suspension noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkInProgressSI

As the title states. I have noise coming from my right front suspension assembly. I was at TLC lapping . And every time I took left hand turn, and the weight transfers to the right side. it does one big clunk or toc. I am running teins drift tech coilovers.

Comme le titre l'indique, j'ai un bruit repetitif venant de ma suspension avant droite. J'etais au TLC lapping a soir et et chaque fois que je prenais un virage vers la gauche, il y avait un de c'est toc qui se faisait entendre. Je roule avec une des coilovers teins drift tech.

what I did/ quesque jai fait

made the ride hight higher .
made sure the springs are seated and locked.
moved th suspension by hand to see if there is any loose...none...well I am not an expert.

is it the ball joint telling me that he needs to be changed?
is it the stabilizer bar bushings that are finished(they didnt look really used)
tie rod in? tie rod out?...hmm anyone?

Check dans ta direction, thie rod, balljoint...................... seul toi peu vérifier!

not saying it's it, saying you should check it :p

For the knocking, 2 things come to mind. Either the link kit or the D-bushing on the sway bar, or the top nut on the coilovers is loose (the one that holts the shock to the camber plate).

not saying it's it, saying you should check it :p

For the knocking, 2 things come to mind. Either the link kit or the D-bushing on the sway bar, or the top nut on the coilovers is loose (the one that holts the shock to the camber plate).

nice theorie for the top nut..

il check fot the top nut right now ...

it did the same thing on my 240sx... never figured out what it was... check your top plate maybe

est-ce que c'est depuis que tu a installé tes nouveaux pneus?

ouais depuis, mais aussi je met beaucoup plus de pression qu'avant, car ils colle plus. Il ne frotte nul part...meme a full lock. Mais le bruit de vien meme pas de quand je suis a full lock. ( au debut ils frottait, mais jai ajuster la hauteur.)

c'est dans l'entree du hair pin et dans le milieu du caroussel que sa fait le bruit..... les moments ou la voiture a la plus part du poid en avant droite..-_-

it did the same thing on my 240sx... never figured out what it was... check your top plate maybe

top plates are in place and bolted correctly, and even the top pillow ball turns.

The reason I said the top nut is because that happened on my car. It seemed tight by hand, but when I tried to tighten it with a rachet, I found out it was really loose. Try it with the ratchet, it's suppose to be pretty tight.

If it's not that then it's the sway bar, either the endlinks or the D-bushings, jack the car up so both front wheels are off the ground, grab the sway bay with your hand and shake it as hard as you can, it shouldn't move and there shouldn't be any noise. Careful that the car doesn;t fall on your head, seriously.

The reason I said the top nut is because that happened on my car. It seemed tight by hand, but when I tried to tighten it with a rachet, I found out it was really loose. Try it with the ratchet, it's suppose to be pretty tight.

If it's not that then it's the sway bar, either the endlinks or the D-bushings, jack the car up so both front wheels are off the ground, grab the sway bay with your hand and shake it as hard as you can, it shouldn't move and there shouldn't be any noise. Careful that the car doesn;t fall on your head, seriously.

If that happends I will get rid of all my problems :p

brb I will go check..again.

check, its bolted correctly....

the sway bar is a possibility.(aftermarket).. i remember being able to move it 1/32inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back