Serious worker looking for a job or ready to invest in a business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubweiser

I'm looking for a job in management, sales, service industry. I have 9 years of experience in the restaurant business. I recently opened up a restaurant Nov. 2007 with a friend, and we just sold it for a huge profit months later. Now I want to take it easy as I work on something else over the next couple of years.

This is what I took care of at the restaurant:

- Documenting our business proposal to the bank
- Ordering the inventory, planning, designing the restaurant.
- Hiring a team of 30 employees.
- Training the team, establishing an efficient working system.
- Firing the weak links
- Accounting
- Serving customers (I would actually take a section of the restaurant when I had the time so my staff can lead my example of how I like the service to take place).
- Host @ the door
- Bartending
- Line server/cashier at the cafeteria
- Managing two kitchens(cafeteria, bistro).
- Events organiser (weddings, barmitzvas, 2009 NHL all-stars game at Beaver Lake with the Senior Director and Vice President of the events department at the NHL)\
- Building an appropriate wine list
- Dealing with all the phone calls, booking reservations, floor plans
- Promotion, advertising
- Weeding out the bad clientele, and pampering the clientele we wanted
- Dealing with about 40 suppliers
etc, etc, etc

Basically 80 hours a week I would do the job of about 5 people. I'm always there, no such thing as a sick day or a day off.

I'm loyal, honest, hard-worker who gives 100% and puts everything aside for work. My weaker point is my tendecy to micro-manage.

We turned a massive profit with this place in 6 months, that's it's not even worth keeping anymore since we're reached peak profitability. We decided to pack up and move on. The main reason why I'm looking for a job instead of starting another project is because I'm still very young (23) and I feel like taking a break from the massive responsibility of operating such a large business myself. I can deal with alot of responsibilty, but I wanna step it down a notch for a while.

Anyways, if you got something for me, let me know. I can do pretty much anything if you show me how. From manual labor to operating your entire business. Or if you have an interesting business proposal, who knows, I may be interested in starting something again if it's tempting.

Thanks
pm or e-mail Dubwiser@gmail.com

Last edited:
Very impressive resume,
I'm sure you'll be able to find something that will best fit your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back