Mega Ride (First weekend of October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firewall

Legacy Member
Mega Ride

Just wondering if there's gonna be another mega ride this year? I remember seeing the pics for the one last year and wishing I was there...

the mega ride last year was awesome....we should check out our old threads to see what we should have done different/better.....i remember talking about that after the event.

Is there anybody 'influencial' enough to organize one this year?..preferably before this summer ends? It'd be awesome to have 50 + cars riding all together! =) (oh happy day for the cops as well)

well lets organize one right here. There are basically 2 simple questions: When and where. In my mind, the best time would be a saturday around 1:00 PM, and where could be many different things. One thing that would be really cool would be to meet up at Lafleurs or something, then go around Montreal, stopping at different places (Julep, Marche central, etc...) to gather more people, then all drive down to Tremblant taking the highway and some nice little back roads!!! ;) Then we spend the day there, and leave there around 9:00 that night (this way we get a nice little night driving as well).

That's just my idea, but that could be a lot of fun

wat would be the best is that we go on the night at like 9 and go to each meet to gather ppl and cruise the whole night....there will be less cops and less cars blocking us cause in traffic its easy to lose the group!!........and I say u should wait till august so I can join :D

Great idea...

Must be well organized though... don't want to drive around in circles avoiding cops all day.

I'd say something like meet just outside of montreal early... then highway/and not to some place... can be mont tremblant, can be hull-ottawa.. etc with planned stops to eat and talk to peeps etc...

But circling in traffic around montreal doesn't interest me

Last edited:
tsk tsk tsk

guys I have BIG plans for this year's Mega Ride BUT i seriously don't know how many people will be joining due to a few factors... I don't want to say much right now because I don't want to spoil it.

Originally posted by Firewall
well lets organize one right here. There are basically 2 simple questions: When and where. In my mind, the best time would be a saturday around 1:00 PM, and where could be many different things. One thing that would be really cool would be to meet up at Lafleurs or something, then go around Montreal, stopping at different places (Julep, Marche central, etc...) to gather more people, then all drive down to Tremblant taking the highway and some nice little back roads!!! ;) Then we spend the day there, and leave there around 9:00 that night (this way we get a nice little night driving as well).

That's just my idea, but that could be a lot of fun

that's what we did last year. Left Julep in the morning, went down the 20 into ontario, took the 34, crossed to quebec, took the 323 to tremblant...

this year it'll be different.

Teknojnky............why was there a problem last year?.....if yes what were the problems?....if you can list them.......we could perhaps prevent those from happening (IF we decide to go on a mega ride) :)

Originally posted by D_Accord
Teknojnky............why was there a problem last year?.....if yes what were the problems?....if you can list them.......we could perhaps prevent those from happening (IF we decide to go on a mega ride) :)

Some people **Cough Cough JTI on ICE Cough Cough** I was riding with him and g bit and we tried to race this guy's BMW M3 and then we got lost and they all waited for us... And then some other guy's GTI, silver one started gunning it and wouldn't slow down and he didn't realize that he was going the wrong way... Then we caught up to him and then we went back and teknojnky blamed us, he made us cry, that evil bastard!

It was pretty fun though...

Last edited:
Ah.......too much testosterone and gasoline...eh ?;)

It's a cruise.....not race...... I know some kids will always try to rev or attract attention one way or another.......

If we could all agree on not doing dumb stuff, it'd be a fun ride.

Just like the civic nation commercial ;) MR nation! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back