Next generation Supra!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverEk

Hey guys does anybody know when the new supra is coming out or where I could find out the time and what it might look like!

Im 20 and currently saving up for my next car, I plan on running my 1997 civic hatch into the ground and get the new car in about 4-5 years depending on $$$ flow, the supra is one of the many cars Im hoping to look at when the time comes, the others are GT-R R35, next gen RX-7(hopefully it comes to north america) maybe Acura NSX but I think that might be out of my budget! anyway just wonderign if anybody knew!!!

there goes the neighbourhood!!!

I find that all the Japanese companies are ****ing up there once amazing cars and replacing them with more market friendly, ugly looking wannabe replacements.

First it was the 350Z and the RX-8, now the Supra and the Skyline GT-R, I guess the only alternative I have now is the S2000, which is a great car and it now has no competition. At least one company knows what it's doing!!!

Re: there goes the neighbourhood!!!

Originally posted by SilverEk
I find that all the Japanese companies are ****ing up there once amazing cars and replacing them with more market friendly, ugly looking wannabe replacements.

First it was the 350Z and the RX-8, now the Supra and the Skyline GT-R, I guess the only alternative I have now is the S2000, which is a great car and it now has no competition. At least one company knows what it's doing!!!
What? they have no clue what is going on. They NEED to put a V6 in tha roadster and turn it into an S3000, and maybe then it'll have some torque. There is basically 240hp gone to waste in that car, you have NO off the line, and all the power is concentrated into a small powerband. I would take a MRS over and S2000, just cause I won't support Honda continuing to make this car. If they want to have a bigger market for it, well, put better equipment in it!

two word for the fxs : butt-ugly!!!! I'd rather drive in a t-bird! And I HATE F(w)ORD!!!

thats the replacement for the supra? im not too sure i like it...i find the front end looks like the 350z :(

Hey altima I agree that the S doesnt have that much torque but Ive driven one and its sooo much fun to drive, its not a 1/4 car, its meant for the track.

I'd consider a Porsche Boxster 2.7 with mods, that would be a fun car! I still want a new RX-7 I hope my dreams come true :bow:

i think that should just put the 2JZ-GTE engine back into the IS300! turbo fit that baby! it may be expensive but same territory as the original supra... just my opinion... heck id love the original supra to be back too!

doesnt the S2000 do 0-60 in under 6 sec and high 13/low 14 1/4 mile? thats plenty fast to me. Its funny though, when they test it in europe they never get the crazy times they do here. When it first came out I was in England and all the magazines were doing Boxster/Z3/S2000 shoot outs. Not a single test had the S2000 doing 0-60 in under 6 secs. Ive never driven one so I cant really comment.

hi all im kinda new to this car club but i may have a little insight on the Next gen supra ,
many different concepts have been shown for it as the one posted on this site ..
one of the prototypes is this one at this adress

http://www.ozsupra.qld.org/windows/mainwindow0.htm

that concept toyota actually built but just never released for some dumb reason.

then there was this other concept

http://www.ozsupra.qld.org/web/articles/concept/images/ConceptMVf.jpg

http://www.ozsupra.qld.org/web/articles/concept/images/ConceptMVr.jpg

many concepts were designed now all im waiting for is a final release of the car for market buyers

Oh and i had a question to .. does anybody know of a Supra owners club in montreal , or just for the province of Quebec in general . or Ottawa ect.. cause i only found the toronto supra club and also SOGI in the US but its kinda far for me .
if anybody knows of any please let me know
thanks.
:D :D

That's sweet
Mark5_01.gif

yea i like that model to it keep a little supra style from the MKIV but still has that agressive civilized look :D :D

That's what i hope to .. the I6 turbo is just fine :D
A v8 engine would be a poor decision from toyota's part since the toyota supra is known for its pure turbo power a V8 would **ck the whole thing up.

But toyota is reported moving away from turbo technologies. :dunno: God knows why but i hope they revise that decision and keep the good old turbine'S:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back