Casques?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldorak

Legacy Member
Quelqu'un peut expliquer les differentes certifications(DOT, Snell, etc) ainsi que les differences entre les casques de motos et ceux pour les voitures?

Recommendations pour des endroits locaux ou sur internet pour acheter de bons casques a des prix raisonables?

Je pense faire du lapping, peut etre meme du solo 1.:dunno:

------------------

Can anyone explain the various helmet certification designations as well as the differences between motorcycle and car helmets?

Any recommendations for local or online shops selling quality helmets at reasonable prices?

I plan on using it for occasional lapping and perhaps SOLO 1.:dunno:

Bike helmets have bigger visors and and ment to have their heads in a slanted position, and are also good for single impacts...

Car helmets have smaller visors, and are more straigh in the posistion of the helmet on your head, and are kevlar based making htem good for multiple impacts

all helemts are DOT approved unless it's supper crapy and reddiculously old. Snell (SN) is a rating of the safty regulation of that year...so a SN2000 is a helmet meething the saftey requirement for that year..

The cheaper the car helemet is, the heaveir it is....but they all do the same... the BELL SPORT III is the cheapest i belive at about 400 bucks... and is averyu good helemt.

If you just starting and doing solo2 or 1 (1 is the open tracks) then you just can get a bike helmet or a open faces car helemt to start....

HJC is a popular bike helemt and can be had for about 150 to 200 bucks....

that's all i know :)

si tu veux rester en solo 1 un casque (M) de moto va faire la job(un snell 95 et+)
la grosse différence entre les casques de moto (M) et de sport automobile (SA) c'est que les SA sont fait de nomex et les M de tissus ordinaire!

Thank you both for your answers.

I'll either get a cheap motorcycle helmet for now or invest in a good car racing one, not sure yet.

Since in 2005 SA95 will not longer meet the Solo I standard, I wouldn't want to buy an expensive used helmet that will be obsolete in 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back