Dodge Neon SRT-4 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watever

Legacy Member
Wow ! Have you seen the car ? It's amazing ! A turbo neon with 205 hp ! not soo bad. Will be better than a Civic Sir and will cost less.

But I dunno for the mechanic ! I hope they won't get as much problems has the older neon got !

nice car

neon-srt-front.jpg

srt-engine.jpg

srt-4-panel.jpg

srt-back.jpg

mais.. du devant ca resemble un peu a une WRX

very cool!the only problem the old neon ever had was the head gasket would blow at 100 000kms!they rectafied that in 98!

What ? the old neon that was I think from 95-98 ! when there was a 2 door model ! They were always to the garage ! There is a lot of problem to them ! isn't it !?

I don't know for the curent model !

i dont think it looks like a wrx at all! only in dodges dreams could they make a car that compares to the WRX.

He is only saying that there is a little part of it that look like a WRX ! not the engine but the Exterior look, the front a little bit but not soo much.

This car could be compared with the wrx.
It's a very fast car. Finally dodge has done something good with the neon.

but i dont wanna get smoked by a neon! :(
what does it do the quarter mile in? i remember reading about it a few months ago, but i dont remember...

I got a first gen neon .. and the only prob i had was the head gasket..
this car is gettin slept on like a cheap whore.. but then i dont really care.. i want all those imports and ricers to look down on it and when i get my 003 srt-4.. ill smoke major ass.. STOCK! haha

peazzout.

one last quoting...

''The car will weigh close to 3000lbs, it will have all the luxury options like power windows, doors, and leather viper style seats. Many of us are hoping for a stripped down 2500lb ACR style SRT in the future.

At the same time of the release Mopar will release three staged upgrades, 25, 50, and 75hp. Many dealers will finance the upgrades with the car, and rumors abound that Mopar will eventually release 4 and 5 stage upgrades.

Power potential of this engine is amazing. Very soon there will be a quick class car based on the SRT making only 700hp, and 600lb*ft. Mopar has made it very clear to the car builder that they want the fastest FWD unibody no matter what the cost, and PVO engineers are working with the car builder. The engine builder swears that when the engine is "done" it will be making 1100hp. Their current engine, based on the old non-turbo Stratus version of this engine makes 891hp.
''

i think its a first timer .. aftermarket upgrade financed! :D

hahahaha 'i dont think it looks like a wrx at all! only in dodges dreams could they make a car that compares to the WRX.'
hahahahahaha

try the Viper dude. It kind of blows away the WRX ;) I'm talking performance, not price.....

The srt WILL be able to compete with the wrx. It's a pretty powerfull car for a stock neon.

By your post it sounded like you were making fun of Dodge for actually thinking they can compete with subaru.

Also, how come it has a front mount intercooler. Aren't manufacturers usually not too fond of this idea and install them in the engine bay like the wrx and the audi tt.

Looks like a Viper, Cougar and a WRX had a three way and this is the kid.

Great specs on the car though. Should smarten up some of the ricers who look down on these sorts of cars (domestic compacts.....).

Dave

wow

I never thought neons would ever look like that....I can see a couple of similarities which remind me of the wrx tho.....But not bad for a neon ehehe :D No offense to neon lovers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back