Meguiar's show car glaze #7 -- how to apply it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diplomat128

Ok I purchased a bottle of Meguiar's Show Car Glaze and applied a little bit (about the size of a 0.10$) on an applicator pad and rubbed into onto the hood of my car. I waited about a 1 minute or so, and tried to rub it off with a microfiber towel but it was extremely hard, and it didn't want to come off. I continued rubbing but it still didn't want to do anything, it started raining so I gtfo hoping that the rain would take it off.

The next day I look through my window and I see (from 4 meters away!) that there is still some of that shizzle on my hood. So I go with a sponge and some soap and I washed it off. With no result whatsoever.

The question is:

How am I supposed to use this? Is it a "Rub on, wait 5 minutes, rub off" product kind of like wax?

Thanks!

- did you wash/clay the hood?
sometimes if its very dirty the glaze will stick to the nasty spots (bird etchings etc..)
before applying any kind of glaze or LSP make sure your car is free of any solvent( silicone residue from polishing,...). If your paint is "flat" it will be easier to remove the galze residue.

In your case i would try washing it with dawn soap. make sure you rinse right away and reapply wax or sealant or glaze. If its not working....I would get lazy and just use a cleaner polish via PC (like #83).

Ok I purchased a bottle of Meguiar's Show Car Glaze and applied a little bit (about the size of a 0.10$) on an applicator pad and rubbed into onto the hood of my car. I waited about a 1 minute or so, and tried to rub it off with a microfiber towel but it was extremely hard, and it didn't want to come off. I continued rubbing but it still didn't want to do anything, it started raining so I gtfo hoping that the rain would take it off.

The next day I look through my window and I see (from 4 meters away!) that there is still some of that shizzle on my hood. So I go with a sponge and some soap and I washed it off. With no result whatsoever.

The question is:

How am I supposed to use this? Is it a "Rub on, wait 5 minutes, rub off" product kind of like wax?

Thanks!

first thing ... you probably wanted to give a shine to your car isnt?
so just wax it next time(clay the car before to remove contaminants) because a glaze is normally used to remove buffer reflections like this :
2hcm1jt.jpg

give a try to some meguiar Gold Class Liquid Wax only thing you have to do is rub on and rubb off ....you can do the whole car then rub off (do it in a garage) if done outside rub one part at a time then remove the wax right after cuz the wax will '' burn'' on the paint will be like the glaze and impossible to remove

have a good time waxing!

I washed the car before, and I claybarred it about 2-3 weeks earlier.

MisterD. I want to give the car a big shine and rejuvenate the paint, I read that Meguiar's show car glaze is really good at this and really works well so I gave it a shot. My car has some of those tiny swirls but they are less visible since the car is white.

You think Meguiar's wax will give my car a really nice shine? Because normally wax doesn't do much except seal the paint no? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks guys for your answers

Ok I purchased a bottle of Meguiar's Show Car Glaze and applied a little bit (about the size of a 0.10$) on an applicator padand rubbed into onto the hood of my car. I waited about a 1 minute or so, and tried to rub it off with a microfiber towel but it was extremely hard, and it didn't want to come off. I continued rubbing but it still didn't want to do anything, it started raining so I gtfo hoping that the rain would take it off.

The question is:

Thanks!

What you proberly did was induced marring onto your car's paint !

Using a foam applicator will not have enough pressure to breakdown the abrasives and hence causing your paint to marr and scratch. You should put some on your MF and with some pressure rub it in a circular motion to get the gloss back, this will help breakdown the "diminishing abrasives" and polish your paint.

Meguiar's Professional polishes is not intended to be used by retail consumers.

Try it and get back to us ...LoL !

If you need real products, PM me !

Ok so I should put the glaze on a Microfiber towel AND rub it away with another Microfiber towel?

I'll need a claybar soon so I'll let you know BTW ;)

diplomat128,

A glaze is typically used to "fill" in minor imperfections on the paint surface and enhance the "wetness" effect, prior to final waxing or sealing.

EdT is correct in that improperly breaking down diminishing abrasives will induce marring, as the fractures of the abrasive particles that haven't fully disintegrated may lightly scratch the surface.

However this is not the case with Meg's #7, as it is not a polish with diminishing abrasives, but purely a traditional glaze.

My bet is that you applied it too thick like some people are accustomed to doing with waxes...in fact, I made the same mistake the first time I used it, way back. When I've used #7, I've had best successes applying it VERY thinly. Also, I go through several microfibre cloth towels when removing. Try doing the whole car at a time, 2 or 3 times, rather than buffing off one section to perfection, and moving onto the next panel, as recommended by Mike Phillips from Meguiar's in the following article:

Meguiar's #7, by Mike Phillips - Autopia.org

The Canadian Tire microfibre towels are OK if you double them up, but if you can, pick up some high quality plush microfibre towels elsewhere instead, makes a world of a difference.

Good luck and have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back