and now for something toyota related

Status
Not open for further replies.

99rolla

just got 16" tires and wheels for my 99 corolla, and since stock is 14", i didn't think a couple inches would change very much.

of course, i was wrong as usual. under hard braking, the car sometimes pulls to the right, and when i have even one person in my back seats, at bumps in the road, i get a kind-of rubbing noise from the back somewhere. is it possible that 16's aren't a great thing to have on my car, or is it that the people that installed them are dumbasses? the latter is entirely possible, since i went to a regular garage, where some pimply faced teenager probably did the work...

first give us the info ....

wich wheels? the brand?

are they 5,5 inches 6inches 6,5 ....etc...

what size off tires do you have? 195/50/16? 205/45/16?

what is the offset?? =38 or - 45 :rolleyes: etc.....

on your rolla do you have the stock suspension?

if so no wunder its rubbing in the back....they have the weakest back suspension i've ever seen on a rolla.....

yep, stock suspension, wheels are Mak Matrix 8 16x6.5, the tires are Hankook K102 205/45/16. and i have no idea what the offset is...

so for the suspension, can it be changed without haveing to add a drop, because wouldn't a drop rub more?

if you can afford to change the suspension with some sport shocks like koni or tokico or trd it would help a lot

:D ohhh, if i had a million dollars, if i had a million dollars....
i wouldn't have a corolla to begin with, actually...

no seriously though, i really can't afford that after the wheels and tires, it's like another grand for the suspension, and i'm considering selling the car next spring anyways. as for the camber adjustment, there's no way for me to physically adjust the camber, and even if i could, i wouldn't know what to do...

looks like i'll just stick it out for the rest of the summer, and next year buy a car that rolls on 16s anyways :bigup: thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back