Portercable light scratch removal - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

romul

I've been cleaning cars for a little while now and I finally decided to tackle the ol' lex. It's got a whole lot of swirling going on and quite a few light scratches.

For our car, I decided to add some new products to my army but I am still not getting the results I want.

What I have:
- Porter Cable DA 7424
- LC pads (orange, white, black)
- Meguiars #85 diamond cut compound
- Meguiars #83 dual action cleaner polish
- Meguiars #76 yellow wax(??)

From what I've done so far the swirls are 95% gone but there are still these random small scratches here and there .. they don't seem deep at all but they are definitely getting in my way of having the perfect (or close to) finish.

My question:
What can I do to remove the rest of those light scratches.. should I use a wool pad along with the compound to get more effective cutting? Give me your suggestions (pads, products).

I will be able to post pictures of what I mean tomorrow.

You wont be able to remove them with the PC. It doesn't generates enough heat for that.

Basically what you see are some deep scratches that you'll need to remove a layer of clear to level them out.

They really aren't that deep though they are slightly deeper than swirls.. I can take them out with a few passes but it takes a long time, I'm looking for a more effective way of removing them.

glaze it dude , its called swirl remover
for scratches i prefer a cotton pad not the foam ones
and when u apply ur glaze run at a faster speed than ur compund take ur time n dont rush

J'aimerais savoir ou je peux trouver la polisseuse Portercable 7424 au Québec??
Si je ne peux la trouver en magasin sur quel site devrais-je aller pour en acheter une?

Merci.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back