Status
Not open for further replies.

alx21

Legacy Member
i already have two "good" 6x9 speakers in my car
and all the others are stock for the moment
i want to add a little bass so i'm thinking of buying a subwoofer
i only want something like a 12inch with a good amp
do you think it would sound good for a basic intallation and could you suggest me some subs and amps to go with,
someone told me about the alpine type s and a v12 amp

Originally posted by alx21
i already have two "good" 6x9 speakers in my car
and all the others are stock for the moment
i want to add a little bass so i'm thinking of buying a subwoofer
i only want something like a 12inch with a good amp
do you think it would sound good for a basic intallation and could you suggest me some subs and amps to go with,
someone told me about the alpine type s and a v12 amp
have you condiered alternatives? I regret my decision of buying a subwoofer right off the bat. If I could do it over again, I would get a nice set of front components, and put about 100+W per speaker.

Also, I'd recomment changing you 6x9s to a set of round speakers. Especially for SQ, a round speaker will best reproduce your mids and lows. Your best bet would be 61/2" speakers all around. But even at that rear speaker aren't always good to add to a 'good' install anyway, since they will pull unwanted frequencies to the rear, and ruin the staging.

Well, if your going to go with the 6x9s, hopefully you'll put an external amp on them, and shove them in your front doors. Because if you get a sub, you'll end up with low-end freq's and you'll have your highs (with the 6x9s) but your going to be missing alot of mid-bass that the sub cannot reproduce, and neither can the speakers without a fairly powerful amp. And the reason I say put your speakers up front is for a simple comfort reason....

I agree with Altima, get some aftermarket speakers all around. Then think about the sub. I have a friend who didnt listen to me, and now his car has good bass but everything else is so distorted, it really takes away from the whole experience.

v12 high end amps are good but you can get better quality at best price my favorites one are kicker there affordable and damn shit they sounds good

Coustic amplifier
Very good price and the sound quality is amazing, practically no distortion

e-mail me if you are interested, i can have you one

Well, if your going to go with the 6x9s, hopefully you'll put an external amp on them

That's what I would do. Amplify the 6x9s and get some components for the front and amplify them too. You'll see amplified 6x9s can produce a lot more bass than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back