Daily springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenassi

Banned
What suspension parts should my brother buy in order to get a decent Nissan 240sx. It is a 1991. The car will not see any snow. It will be his daily driver and he would like to drift. Should he buy coilovers ?

www.zilvia.net has plenty of review for all kinds of suspension.

I would not touch used coilovers that cannot be rebuilt easily.

The only used coils I would ever buy are Stance or Megan because they have an american distributor that sells the dampers (shocks) alone so you can just switch them out and they are cheap.

In fact, some guy on Zilvia is selling a set of Megans and a set of Stance for S13, both are under 700$ and seem to be in great shape. Check it out in the for sale section.

Stance is better, but Megan is cheaper.

Megan isn't bad, but they don't have inverted from struts and you don't need 32 way audjustement, that's just stupid.

Stance GR+ Pro (around 1600$CDN shipped new from www.bings.ca) has beefier brackets, monotube shocks, inverted front shocks, 16 way ajdustments and rear helper springs.

And if you bust any piece, after the warranty is over you can order just the piece you need from their Chicago office, it's great.

Megan are similar to the Stance Basic (also called Sport), but they have pillowballs, the Stance Basic has rubber bushings so less noisy on the street, but less direct feel.

Tein or Cusco if you have the money, spend a little more initially because the quality of the JDM suspension is waaaay up there although I'm not saying the cheap ones are bad. You get what you pay for.

The problem with Cusco or Tein is there is no after-purchase support like there is with Megan or Stance. I rather deal with a guy who speaks english in the States for replacement parts then Sukiyaki in Tokyo.

Tein or Cusco if you have the money, spend a little more initially because the quality of the JDM suspension is waaaay up there although I'm not saying the cheap ones are bad. You get what you pay for.

megan and stance over ****ing tein !!!!!!!

koni or bilstein.

koni 8611's are the best way to go, theres a guy in the states that sells the shock body for s13, you just need to buy the inserts and a set of ground control coilover springs (they use eibach springs), slap it all together and you have the best setup aside from a moton full race system.

koniinstall023ca0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back