Looking for the right stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProTg94DX

Legacy Member
Hi guys you look like you know more than me so you will be able to help me . I need to what amp should i buy . I need something to drive 3 12" 250W RMS 4oHm speakers . I have like 600$ to spend and i want the most optimum shit i can have you know to use my sub at there power rate .

Last thing is a Directed Audio 600d mono class D amp is good enought for 600 $ .

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :confused: :(

A good bang for your buck amplifierthat you would need would be a JBL 1200.1

It will sufficiently power all 3 subs, and it is stable down to 1 ohm, which you'll need, since hooked up in paralell this setup will be running at 1.33 ohms.

i might be a ble to get a brand new one but you know they go for 1249.99$ right? i can get you a better price, tell me if you interested.

Originally posted by GroundPound
i might be a ble to get a brand new one but you know they go for 1249.99$ right? i can get you a better price, tell me if you interested.
Yeah I know, they aint cheap. I would've recommended the BP600.1, but 3x250W wouldn't work out to well. He would most likely run into some big clipping problems. At least the 1200.1 will provide good power to them, and if he wanted, he could even add one more sub! Besides JLs can take alot more then 250W RMS! Oops, nevermind he never said they were JLs, actually it may help to know what kind of subs they are too, some can't handle more then the mfgs specs.

Speakers

The speakers are JL audio's . But i said i couldn' t go for more than 600$ cuz i'm changing car soon for a Maxima SE 96 i got tired
of running around to find parts for a 2gen protege . Anyway anyone has somthing to sell that could drive the 3 subs or even 2 at least .:dunno: :confused:

Well, if your going to power all three, you NEED an amp that will run 1 ohm stable. Other wise it's going to cut out all the tim and be overheating. I'd also suggest an amp that is either matched or greater then the some of the nominal power of the subs. In my current setup, I am underpowering my subs, however I have compensated for this, however I'm not getting 100% out of my subs. They are only slightly underpowered, but at higher volumes you will notice more distortion and possibly signal problems (if your ears are tuned to hear them, some people like distoted bass...... I guess I'll never understand some people!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back