Sound system insurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBCivicSE

Legacy Member
I'd like to know; is there a way to insure your sound system as any other parts? I'm sure yes, but can anybody tell?
Because yesterday I ask my insurance company if there is a way I could add like 2000$ on my car value, she said no! Well could anyone help me here?
Thx

Originally posted by DBCivicSE
I'd like to know; is there a way to insure your sound system as any other parts? I'm sure yes, but can anybody tell?
Because yesterday I ask my insurance company if there is a way I could add like 2000$ on my car value, she said no! Well could anyone help me here?
Thx
Take pictures of your system, and make sure you have all your receipts. Tell your insurance company that you have a soundsystem in your car, it may cost may $5-$10 more a month, and just tell them you have the pictures and receipts. Since it is part of your car now, and you have all your proff of purchase and instalation, they should have to insure it. But if they say you can't add anything to your car, keep your receipts and pictures, so that if your car does get stolen, you can claim that it was in your car anyways. It's same for instance as if you were to leave you Laptop in the car when it's stolen, the insurance company will reimburse you for it!

Well, there is nothing else I could do? Dunno, ask them to evaluate the price of it, or have another insurance only for my sound system. Thx!

I had 6k of equipment stolen from my old car(civic) and I had pics and bills but never informed my Insurance about the system because they nevere asked! and they did pay! as long as you have legidimate proof like pics and bills in your name not your buds you should be fine!:bigup:

Well, I didn't know I needed the receipt, and I bought my stuff from someone. So I can't get the receipt! Well is there a way I could have a written estimate of the value of everything I have? And give that to my insurance company?

i got robbed about a month ago and i caled my insurance and they said they would cover it for sure

i am only insured 1 way on my car, theft and fire too of course

anyways they just asked me to send a copy of the bills and i had to send a bill with my friends name on it, cause i bought it off him

and all they did was call him to ask him if that was true

and so far so good, i am just waiting for the check in the mail
:)

Well as I said, I can't get the receipt! What can I do?

( Else than crossing my fingers and pray that pix will be enough!):D

Yeah but if it doesn't work, I'm screwed!!! :cry:
If they don't pay, i'll be crying!
Oh well, i'll be praying that I don't get rubbed!
Thanx anyway guys!

But if someone ever get a solution for me, shoot! ;)

the only thing i can suggest is to go to a store that deals with stereos and ask them to write out an evaluation of what the stuff u have in ur car is worth and then send that to utr insurance company for their files just in case something does happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back