Question about the flex

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to use an oem backing plate

This is what I did.. the PC I'll put a counterweight who will allow to use 4" pads.

So what do you think of the flex so far?

You have to use an oem backing plate

This is what I did.. the PC I'll put a counterweight who will allow to use 4" pads.

So what do you think of the flex so far?

I didn't try the flex yet. I just received it today. I'm really busy those days but i'll try to find some times to play with it this weekend.

I didn't understands what you were doing with the PC. Can you give me more detail please.

The backplates for Flex are proprietary meaning you have to use one of their OEM backplates, that is the only thing I don't like about the Flex.

To minimize jiggling, you are suppose to change the counterweight on the PC depending of the size of the backplate being used. PC has a counter weight for a 5" and 6" backplate.

When well.

We manage to get most of the scratchs that the UDM could not remove.

it's much more powerful than the UDM.

Just to show you the difference.. do the tape test. Put a piece of masking tape on the pad.. and see how much pressure the polisher can take before it stops spinning. Also the flex generates more heat, but without the harm of a rotary polisher.

G35 are nice to work with.. but the most painful cars to work with are Germans.. besides BMW which is very nice to work with too.

Just to show some power of the flex on a 2001 Jetta. The hood was... there's no word to describe but it needed some attention.

swirls.jpg

hood.jpg

Oh.. 1 thing forgot to mention..

there is a learning curve for the flex.. at the beginning is not so obvious this machine works faster than the UDM.. but after a few cars.. you'll be cutting your time about 25% faster if not 40%

It will give you better reflexes to get to the rotary league by next year.. and I highly recommend the Metaboo rotary or the Dewalt. If not the Makita is a cheap ($$$ wise) to get.

Oh.. 1 thing forgot to mention..

there is a learning curve for the flex.. at the beginning is not so obvious this machine works faster than the UDM.. but after a few cars.. you'll be cutting your time about 25% faster if not 40%

It will give you better reflexes to get to the rotary league by next year.. and I highly recommend the Metaboo rotary or the Dewalt. If not the Makita is a cheap ($$$ wise) to get.

This is the fist thing i realize.

We did 2 test with the flex. First off the car we use was a 2000 silver corolla. This car was never wax in 8 year and full of RDS. We did the whole car with the UDM a month ago on a LC orange pad on only got the light swirls out.

Then last week we try the flex with sonus yellow with SIP on speed 6 and got maybe 75% out of the scratchs. After we try the flex with SIP and yellow LC pad speed 6 and got almost everything out (with this combo we only did a few pass less than 1 minute on each area since my friend was scrared to pass trought the clear) but the result were amazing even if we only pass a min.

What about the flex 3403?

never tried it so I can't comment.
Rotaries have so much torque that you don't even need to put pressure on them. Some will have a slow startup but will sometimes have a harsh start and if you're not used to it the machien goes sideways and there's where you can do damage to the paint.

Flex is a rare product here in Canada. We are so way behind in detailing compared to Europe or Asia.

Le weekend dernier, j'ai complètement sablé à l'eau un Toyota Solara. On parle d'un sablage assez profond pour enlever une pelure d'orange à relief considérable.

Avec la Flex et du M95, en 1 allée j'enlevais 95% des traces de sablage, graffignes et swirls. J'aurais quasiment pu livrer la voiture en 1 allée de M95 sans appliquer de SIP/IP. Par "allée", je veux dire un seul mouvement à une vitesse de 1 à 2 pouce / seconde sans revenir en arrière.

Flex = :bigup::bigup::bigup:

The Makita 9227C rotary is proberly the best all around rotary currently and price wise it has dropped by nearly a $100 which is another bonus ! I find the Dewalt 849 too heavy and with less power and not as sophisticated as the Malita.

The Makita 9227C rotary is proberly the best all around rotary currently and price wise it has dropped by nearly a $100 which is another bonus ! I find the Dewalt 849 too heavy and with less power and not as sophisticated as the Malita.

The makita look good for the price.

Also, i'm considering buying a rotary this winter. I started to shop around and for know their is 3 options

- Makita 9227C 200$ US (Minimum RPM 600)
- Flex 3403 240$ US (Minimum RPM 1100)
- Flex Lk603WB 250$ (minimum RPM 1000)

From your experiences, do i really need a rotary that can go bellow 1100 RPM or this will be alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back