Foam Gun Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markthepen

Is worth it? Does it really help with the washing overall of a car? Does anyone here have one? Opinions? Do they need special car shampoo soap or any? Is their certain good brands and bad ones to watch out for?

I've been offered one (as an attachment onto my pressure washer) so I just wanted to know, if their worth it.

Thanks guys

Examples for people who dont know what they are

dxzayvgwydux.gif

h2foamaster.jpg

The foam you see if your picture is from a foam lance that attaches to a pressure washer, foam guns don't produce that amount of foam no matter what soap you use !

A foam gun will help in reducing marring since you don't need to apply the soap on with a mitt, so less physical contact with the paint before the froth floats the dirt to the top which cause the swirling.

Foam guns are mostly all Gilmour, theres not many foam lances around that I know of, WaxOn Wax Off sells one. You have to be pretty hardcore to buy either one since they almost cost as much as a cheap pressure washer !

If my car is not too dirty, I simply pressure wash, foam gun, rinse, DI water rinse and it dries without physically passing a MF over it and hence eliminates any physical contact with the paint.

i have the gilmore foam gun and i dont like it that much.

It does foam but the foam doesn't stick to the car like the picture above. After about 30 secs, all the foam is on the floor.

If you want one, i'll sell you mine for 40$. I preffer the 2 bucket method.

i have the gilmore foam gun and i dont like it that much.

It does foam but the foam doesn't stick to the car like the picture above. After about 30 secs, all the foam is on the floor.

If you want one, i'll sell you mine for 40$. I preffer the 2 bucket method.

That's the goal.

the foam brings down the heavy grime.

I use it quite often.

foamgun.jpg

i hope everyone understands that the Foam lance or gun doesnt do the full wash job. its to help loosen the dirt and reduce marring of course and to be used while you wash the car with your wash mitt at the same time.

i wonder what would happen if u put a degreaser in the foam gun such as Simple Green and sprayed your motor aswell?

I'd love a foam lance. WaxOn WaxOff has it for 120$ CAN. I am not saying THEY are expensive, since the others sell it for the same price, but I think that 120$ for this canister and two fittings seems on the high side...

Is worth it? Does it really help with the washing overall of a car? Does anyone here have one? Opinions? Do they need special car shampoo soap or any? Is their certain good brands and bad ones to watch out for?

I've been offered one (as an attachment onto my pressure washer) so I just wanted to know, if their worth it.

Thanks guys

Examples for people who dont know what they are

dxzayvgwydux.gif

h2foamaster.jpg
Make sure that they are not offering you the gilmore with a pressure washer attachment they usualy connect to your normal hose .
There is a big difference between foam gun and foam lance .

The foam lance mixes air soap and water with a built in turbulator so you use the full potential of your soap adding the slickiest foam you can have on your paint this foam will react with the dirt detaching it from your paint and literary
you can see your dirt dripping on the ground .
As for the soap yes you need good quality soap in order to explore the full potential of your foam lance here are some :

https://waxonwaxoff.ca/dp-xtreme-foam-formula-auto-shampoo-c-4-p-1-pr-58.html

https://waxonwaxoff.ca/duragloss-901-16oz-c-4-p-1-pr-42.html

https://waxonwaxoff.ca/maxi-suds-ii-16-oz-c-4-p-1-pr-4.html

with the above soap we timed the clinging time to an average off 5 min.
i used the 3 off them with exellent results.
Using low end soap from CT will not work and the soap will not cling to your paint enought to do its job .
(I have one and i love using it )

Naji M

Last edited:
one of my clients using the foam lance

So even though it rained today, we decided to just test out the foam cannon to see what it could do.

Here's what we used.

WaxOn WaxOff Canada HD Foam Lance
Karcher K 5.85M Electric Pressure Washer
Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II + Zaino Z7 or Cheap Canadian Tire soap

First video is of my car, harder to see because it's a white car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2nW1NWdGPM"]YouTube - Foam Cannon[/ame]

Next video is on my buddy's car. He didn't spread it out enough so it took longer than normal.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hcysto3ZQE"]YouTube - Foam Cannon[/ame]

We used Canadian Tire soap on that one, and he didn't fan it enough to give it enough air. If we used better soap and gave it more air, he would have gotten better foaming.

The foam cannon does a pretty good job coating your car with foam. The quality of soap that you use will make a huge difference. We tried Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II, Zaino Z7, and some cheap Canadian Tire brand soap. The CT soap disappeared really fast, whereas the Maxi Suds and Z7 lasted a good 4 to 5 minutes.

There are a few ways you can use the foam cannon. If you're lazy in the winter, just foam up the car, let it sit for a few minutes, and then rinse with the pressure washer. Should do the same thing as a touchless car wash.

Some people foam their cars and then use a mitt to rinse.

Then you can do what my friend and I did on his black car to reduce marring. Foam, rinse with pressure washer, foam again, and then 2 bucket wash.

So, if you're thinking of getting one of these, it's going to eat up a lot of soap. But soap is cheaper than getting your car repainted, especially for those with black cars.

We're going to run another test next week. We're still tweaking the airflow and the soap we're using.

Feel free to ask questions before then and we'll test it out again.

This post has been edited by Monkey: Jul 5 2008, 06:48 PM
direct link : http://www.mbfanatics.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=5498

I'd love a foam lance. WaxOn WaxOff has it for 120$ CAN. I am not saying THEY are expensive, since the others sell it for the same price, but I think that 120$ for this canister and two fittings seems on the high side...

I am importing them from GB and i am matching there prices only one American company offers the foam lace but the one that is made from plastic and it come with a .5ltr bottle and only with one one connector M22 that fits gaz water pressure .

We offer 6 different connectors from simoniz to karcher to M22,F22,And more .and our foam lance are made from brass and there are heavy duty and 1 liter botlle .
Naji M

I am importing them from GB and i am matching there prices only one American company offers the foam lace but the one that is made from plastic and it come with a .5ltr bottle and only with one one connector M22 that fits gaz water pressure .

We offer 6 different connectors from simoniz to karcher to M22,F22,And more .and our foam lance are made from brass and there are heavy duty and 1 liter botlle .
Naji M

Ya Naji, absolutely. Like I said, I wasn't saying that you guys were more expensive than any other, matter of fact, you have better pricing than the competition.

Fact remains that I am still trying to see what is so expensive about that gizmo!!!

lol...

But sign me up, hoe you have one in stock, I'll take one over the next few days.

Ya Naji, absolutely. Like I said, I wasn't saying that you guys were more expensive than any other, matter of fact, you have better pricing than the competition.

Fact remains that I am still trying to see what is so expensive about that gizmo!!!

lol...

But sign me up, hoe you have one in stock, I'll take one over the next few days.

PM Sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back